Awesome stuff!

JohneeOxford

Shop: Marty's, H-Town
Shop Keep
Hit up this gem today for the first time and it was awesome! Headed down this am with my bro BigDog, he has been here before, so he knew what to expect. I however did not. It was drizzling a little on our way down and wasnt sure if it was just going to get heavier, which would have forced to head back home... it stopped right before we got here.
I figured I would break out the Misfit today seeing I haven't touched it since the SSAP and have been riding the new full suspension everywhere.... I also figured it would slow my butt down a bit and keep me alive.
We started out from the lot and went left past the pond... all the roots and rocks and short bridges were pretty wet, so I figured it would be a slow cautious ride for the most part....
As we headed up the climb towards the gasline I was starting to chance it a bit with some of the little techy stuff, fun short, slow punchy stuff... just toolin around. Then we hit Three Amigos and was really, really wishing it was dry.... this is some super cool playground quality funtime stuff!! too wet to ride without eating shit on those rocks! I will be back on a nice dry day to kill it in there!
We got out to the gasline and took a break, jumped back in the woods and continued on through the rocks... I noticed things were drying out/ dry on the other side, like it didn't really see any rain... cool!
Beat myself silly jammin through a lot of the tough sections... and those are some tough sections boy! Got to Boulderama and checked out how neat it was, I skipped riding it... I was getting a little fatigued in the arms region, and if you fall off the backside of that... I don't think they can land a chopper in that spot.
Took the White back down to the lot, and honestly, I was kind of glad it was over... a little near six miles of riding with a 20+ mile punch!
WHEW!....
I really can't wait to get back here in dryer conditions.

next time you are down there, let me know - I'm only 15 minutes down the road!!!

If you had fun when it was wet, you're going to love it when it's grippy. There are a ton of alternate lines so give a shout out next time and I'll be happy to show you the goods.

That's funny Robin, I was thinking to myself "hey, Robin lives round here"
I will definitely give you a heads up next time I make the trip.
Mr Jeff- I will absolutely give you a heads up for all the goodies in there... saw all kinds of lil trails breaking off and figured they went to some more awesome stuff... was like a kid in a candy store with only 25 cents in my pocket today (wet conditions)
I would love to jam out in that place on the Epic!
You guys did a super job on the trails n features in there!
Thanks

great write up... this gets me pumped!

I'm prob going to hit it up tomorrow (Sat) if I can... reaally need to ride this place! coming from south....

what about tomorrows weather conditions?? Should I make the trip 50m away for me... suppose to rain a little i believe...

thanks!

cheers!

great write up... this gets me pumped!

I'm prob going to hit it up tomorrow (Sat) if I can... reaally need to ride this place! coming from south....

what about tomorrows weather conditions?? Should I make the trip 50m away for me... suppose to rain a little i believe...

thanks!

cheers!
Should be great. If you want pm before you leave and I'll give you the weather. I live 1 mile from this place.

Should be great. If you want pm before you leave and I'll give you the weather. I live 1 mile from this place.

thank you good sir! I see the storm is going to hit later ...

i know there's a few pockets now... still good to ride there now?? Leaving from Point Pleasant in 45min...

thanks!

Did you make it over today? they were having a festival/ride/hike thing at the park. not sure if that would add or subtract. nomad pizza was there with the truck - that would have been worth the trip!

Did you make it over today? they were having a festival/ride/hike thing at the park. not sure if that would add or subtract. nomad pizza was there with the truck - that would have been worth the trip!

oh yeah....oh boy.. yes i did... Sat was purrfect.. wow..what a place..

I think the frist post by Jonneeoxford put it best.

I played on everthing I could...def need to get that place down... the storm hit with a mile or so to go coming off of trail 10.. wow...just wow ...

I just can't believe I didn't ride this place sooner since I moved a year ago or so . Finally put the Knolly to good use. :)

cheers!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions