Ask an automobile mechanic.

Okay, curious about what I saw earlier today.

I'm behind an older Jeep Cherokee looking thingy on Rte 80,
and I see some rhythm coming from the driver's front wheel.
(Couldn't see if the passenger side was doing the same)

From the back, it looked like the top of the wheel was canted in towards the engine compartment,
and when I passed, the wheel had a wicked shake/wobble thing going on,
almost as though it was mounted off-center on the axle.

Anyway, has to be a bumpy ride,
and I made sure to get the hell away from them,
because it looked like the wheel was coming off.

What are the mechanics' guesses at what I was seeing?

Okay, curious about what I saw earlier today.

I'm behind an older Jeep Cherokee looking thingy on Rte 80,
and I see some rhythm coming from the driver's front wheel.
(Couldn't see if the passenger side was doing the same)

From the back, it looked like the top of the wheel was canted in towards the engine compartment,
and when I passed, the wheel had a wicked shake/wobble thing going on,
almost as though it was mounted off-center on the axle.

Anyway, has to be a bumpy ride,
and I made sure to get the hell away from them,
because it looked like the wheel was coming off.

What are the mechanics' guesses at what I was seeing?
It's a Jeep thing.

I just watched a video where a couple guys blew a tire and rolled a Cherokee, I could clearly hear the tire dying in the video and they were completely oblivious. I've had customers wear through the brake rotor past the fins until the caliper piston tore out. People are...funny.

I just watched a video where a couple guys blew a tire and rolled a Cherokee, I could clearly hear the tire dying in the video and they were completely oblivious. I've had customers wear through the brake rotor past the fins until the caliper piston tore out. People are...funny.

The radio volume controls typically fix any noises.
I'm not sure how they miss the smell tho.

So here's a good lesson learned

20220420_072510.jpg

Last week I dropped my car off at family Ford to have a couple recalls done... I had recently changed the plugs and noticed oil in the spark plug holes... So I asked them to do the valve cover gasket while it was there.... I have been crazy busy the last couple days but I'm like I swear I smell unburnt oil.... Go check this morning... Wtf? Fucking idiots

that seems like ALOT to be coming from the valve cover gasket(its also above the valve cover and the belt appears to be dry), what did they forget to put back together?

that seems like ALOT to be coming from the valve cover gasket(its also above the valve cover and the belt appears to be dry), what did they forget to put back together?
I'm like INSANLEY busy at work today so I popped the hood, saw this and had to run inside... So not sure where it's coming from, but, ya that's alot of oil

better check and make sure your not low with that much oil all over the place (you probably already did this, but for some reason i feel the need to put it out there anyway)

Back
Top Bottom