Ask an automobile mechanic.

P0128 code on Chrysler. Says 9 out of 10 times it's the thermostat. But could be a coolant temp sensor. Should I just change out the thermostat to start??

If its a Chrysler product with a 3.6 l engine...just put in a new thermostat and clear the code ..and make sure you use the right coolant and bleed the system when your done

Speaking of brakes, I read that the ‘21 Camaro SS and ZL1 models cannot be sold in CA due to more than 5% copper in the pads. Another good choice, GM.

FIFY! Fuck California, now brakes pads will cost 3X and not work as well and make noise.
LOL, same thing with CA on anti-fouling bottom paint for boats kept in saltwater. Too much copper; replacement paints cost 3x, and work 1/3 as well.

What shop I'm feeling lazy and haven't had someone touch one of my cars in almost ten years

if you end up going there PM me so you have my name as a referral. they love getting referrals.

if you end up going there PM me so you have my name as a referral. they love getting referrals.

Will do, I need tires as soon as I get a date to go back to the office. Till then I'll stick with my diy slicks

P0128 code on Chrysler. Says 9 out of 10 times it's the thermostat. But could be a coolant temp sensor. Should I just change out the thermostat to start??
Clear the code and check if it comes back on below 40°F after you start the engine and let it warm up to operating temperature if the code comes back under this condition then it is the thermostat the problem, most likely keeps happening now that we are in winter, make sure you get the factory thermostat and seal or gasket, if it's the thermostat make sure you Jack up the front axle(the front of the car) when you bleed the cooling system and run your heat on defrost and you can also try to drive the car a couple of miles on a low gear above 3500 RPM with the defrost ON to prevent any air pockets getting trapped in the heater core

Back
Top Bottom