Area Restaurants

The Kalmyk

I have been up and down the state for business and mtbiking and always see restaurants that look good but we know how that works...The cover looks good but the read sucks...So feel free to post up your favorite eateries in and around your town...This could be a good reference if any out of towner is ever in your neck of the woods...Whatever type of food you fancy...Here is for those visiting the Princeton area for whatever reason

Mexican Village/Tortugas
BYOB
Great Atmoshere
Mexican

Last edited:
at home there really arent any great restaurants, at least that i have gone to but then i dont eat out often, now in Hoboken (where i am at school) i can recomend

Arthurs Steak house
Ruth Chris steak house and
Tutta Pasta

I have been up and down the state for business and mtbiking and always see restaurants that look good but we know how that works...The cover looks good but the read sucks...So feel free to post up your favorite eateries in and around your town...This could be a good reference if any out of towner is ever in your neck of the woods...Whatever type of food you fancy...Here is for those visiting the Princeton area for whatever reason

Mexican Village/Tortugas
BYOB
Great Atmoshere
Authentic Mexican

Tortugas kicks ass!

Also in Princeton:
Theresa's Cafe
Good wine list
Casual, laid back atmosphere
Great Italian food made with local ingredients. The fish specials typically kick lots of ass
Downside: they don't take reservations and the wait can be horrendous at peak times

Mexican Village/Tortugas
BYOB
Great Atmoshere
Authentic Mexican

I'm sorry. I'm going to have to be a dick. I have searched far and wide, including Tortuga's, for authentic Mexican food. None to be had around here. Not in my definition 🙂. If anyone has run across real Mex within 100 miles, post it up.

Tortugas kicks ass!

Also in Princeton:
Theresa's Cafe
Good wine list
Casual, laid back atmosphere
Great Italian food made with local ingredients. The fish specials typically kick lots of ass
Downside: they don't take reservations and the wait can be horrendous at peak times

Thumbs up for Theresa's, one of our favorites in town. The other is Ferry House.

Oaxequeno in new bruns. If this isn't authentic I don't know what is. Definately not your gringo Mexican food. Ooops, not in the Princeton area.

I'm sorry. I'm going to have to be a dick. I have searched far and wide, including Tortuga's, for authentic Mexican food. None to be had around here. Not in my definition 🙂. If anyone has run across real Mex within 100 miles, post it up.

Post Fixed...You know best🙂...They are Oaxacanous and may cook differently than California Mexicans...As far as I'm concerned the food that is cooked for me by my employees (also Oaxacanous) is no different in seasoning or flavor than what I have eaten at Mexican Village...But if you say it's not authentic I'll take your word for it...Me entiendes chulo

Post Fixed...You know best🙂...They are Oaxacanous and may cook differently than California Mexicans...As far as I'm concerned the food that is cooked for me by my employees (also Oaxacanous) is no different in seasoning or flavor than what I have eaten at Mexican Village...But if you say it's not authentic I'll take your word for it...Me entiendes chulo

You're right about the West coast influence. But this is just one guy's opinion. What the hell do I know anyways, I like blini and borscht. I met some nice Oaxacans few years back. I did not have a chance to eat with them.

You're right about the West coast influence. But this is just one guy's opinion. What the hell do I know anyways, I like blini and borscht. I met some nice Oaxacans few years back. I did not have a chance to eat with them.

Post was adjusted🙂...

Somerville Area

Martino's
Cuban/Carribean Hispanic
BYOB
Great Atmoshere

El Viejo would dance with the waitresses between tables to the Salsa music(always playing Tito Rojas for some reason) but not sure if he is still in the business...The two sons manages to keep the standards though...

blue tortilla in new hope is damn good, pricey for mexican but good. I am not sure if it is authentic or not but different then tortugas heavy style. There is an upscale looking place in lambertville that I have not tried and cinco de mayo on main street is decent. Sorry, not princeton but within your 100 range.

Princeton Area:

Fedora in Lawrenceville.

Cafe\Coffee House Atmosphere
Eclectic Menu
BYOB
Acoustic Music a few nights a week
Good desserts made in house

Also Acacia is next door for your higher end palate, good food but more expensive.

Princeton:
J.L. Ivy's
Just go for the Sushi they have kick ass sushi
Nice atmosphere
Aside from the sushi they serve not impressed with prices or menu

Princeton Downtown:
Tico's Juice Bar
This is a little hole in the wall type place in downtown Princeton
Awesome place for lunch they serve sandwiches, burritos, wraps, and quesdillas. Also they serve any juice you want made fresh in front of you.

Kush...I second the Ferry House. I haven't been in over a year, but the Blue Bottle in Hopewell was also good with some similar dishes to the Ferry House. All this talk about restaurants is going to make me:cry: Before my son was born we were out two or three times a week. Any babysitters out there?

Scott

All this talk about restaurants is going to make me:cry: Before my son was born we were out two or three times a week. Any babysitters out there?

Scott

Don't let it stop you! Obviosuly you don't want to be going to the super nice places with the kid, but you still can if you go early and get out early. We go back on our normal two times eating out a week routine as quickly has we could and now our son is 2 and we rarely have had a bad meal because of crying and such. Granted you have to eat pretty quick since after an hour he starts to get antsy.

Back
Top Bottom