Any scotch/whisky drinkers in here?

Just saying...
In before the lock!
5E1BA113-EFCF-4A4D-AA10-CBE321FB2C96.jpeg

Cracked in to the single malt stash tonight.
DC1AE22A-6C8A-4FFB-BEED-3EF4CDB51FFA.jpeg
Being bourbon-centric lately, it’s nice to remind myself of my roots.
And plus, leaving a bottle collecting dust seems silly these days.

So about 12 or 13 years ago I got a gift set with 4 Johnnie Walker bottles. I never opened them, and I never really paid much mind to storing them properly. They've been in the box (not exposed to sunlight) ever since. However, they spent the first few years in my upstairs bedroom, often exposed to some high temps in the summer. I think about cracking one open ever now and then, but always wondered if the poor temps made it go bad. Apparently it should be mostly fine, based on the article below. Maybe I'll finally dig in one of these days.

So about 12 or 13 years ago I got a gift set with 4 Johnnie Walker bottles. I never opened them, and I never really paid much mind to storing them properly. They've been in the box (not exposed to sunlight) ever since. However, they spent the first few years in my upstairs bedroom, often exposed to some high temps in the summer. I think about cracking one open ever now and then, but always wondered if the poor temps made it go bad. Apparently it should be mostly fine, based on the article below. Maybe I'll finally dig in one of these days.

They are very likely spoiled.
I’ll take them off your hands to dispose of them safely.

Jk. Quite sure they are fine,
enjoy them.

They are very likely spoiled.
I’ll take them off your hands to dispose of them safely.

Jk. Quite sure they are fine,
enjoy them.

They were! Well, aside from 2 broken corks and one of the bottle having floating particles in it (didn't open that one).

I've since replenished

Back
Top Bottom