any ARTISTS on the board?

ebineezer

Any artists out there?
I'm curious to see if there are any other visual artists on MTBNJ. I went to school for art, and eventually became a HS Art Teacher. I never lost my passion for creating art, and look for every opportunity to gain exposure. I though this could be a thread for people to share their artwork. Post up!!

IMG_7692.jpg

"The Conductor"
~Acrylic on skateboard

IMG_7693.jpg

"Vampire's Delight"
~Acrylic on skateboard

IMG_7698.jpg

"Bare Knuckle Brawler"
~Mixed media - wood, foam, acrylic, clothing

IMG_7591.jpg

"Welcome Home"
~Acrylic on wood

IMG_9510.jpg

"Beard-o"
~Acrylic, yarn, and foam on cigarette box

IMG_0001.jpg

"Don't Cry..."
~Watercolor

IMG_0062.jpg

"I Pledge Allegiance"
~Mixed media - Wood, acrylic, bicycle inner-tubes, bottle caps

IMG_9930.jpg

"Street Baller"
~Mixed media - Wood, acrylic, fabric, foam, fuzzyballs

Last edited:
and now...to completely embarrass myself (sort of a life long hobby) - my first animated (really) short about a thumb who wanted to be a rapper...:)

hannailepi2finished1.gif

Great thread, Brian. And really nice work! Iv'e checked out your stuff before on the interwebs. I am a fan fo sure.

I went to art school as well, University of the Arts in Philly. Illustration and painting major. Somehow I ended up a graphic designer a few years after, eventhough I loathed computers while in school.

Most of my painting/drawing stuff I either no longer own or is in my parents attic. I'll have to dig up photos of some of my old work...

My girlfriend, Megatron however is an extremely talented painter. POST UP, MEGATRON!

wow that is some good stuff.

i'm a total hack but paint sometimes. i went to music school for my undergrad and picked up painting from artist friends when i couldn't make noise. so now i just do it occasionally but really like it. most of the stuff i've done i don't own, i will give stuff away as gifts or whatever. these are the only two i own now, purely because i did them for myself.

the first is from my first drive cross country with a buddy of mine. we drove through arches and decided to pull over and camp on the side of a random local road. it was a good fun night. right before it got so dark that you couldn't see your hand in front of your face, these little puffy clouds (thanks orb) rolled through and the canyon became this blood red/black against a midnight blue with little lined up lit-up clouds. in our state of mind at the time it was an awesome sight. decided at some point to paint it. acrylic on canvas.

drinks canyon utah at night:
56C6886Ea.jpg

this one is a marvel-comic-style-inspired one of my wife and i. she's a cutie. acrylic on canvas.
00F31C42a.jpg

I don't do anything anymore but have an art degree from Montclair.

Almost everything I have is in marker, like these...I have hundreds of thm. I used to sell tattoo artwork to the place that did all my piercings.

227057_1060383031773_9612_n.jpg

227112_1060382831768_8668_n.jpg

Got into the animation side while in school and learned how to model 3D poop.

227432_1060382631763_7748_n.jpg

The above is a screenshot in Lightwave.

230117_1060382311755_6403_n.jpg

This one is a rendered Lightwave shot and Photoshop.

228332_1060384911820_1615_n.jpg

Also did all my old band Artwork as well. This one is B&W photography, Photoshop, and Illustrator.

Now that my boys are a little older I have some time to doodle again :D

-Jim.

Moar!

Thanks for the compliments! Lets keep it going...

IMG_9931.jpg

"Mortimer"
~Acrylic, foam, & yarn on cardboard box

IMG_9933.jpg

"Pirate-Eye"
~Acrylic, foam, hat, & yarn on cardboard box

IMG_9509-1.jpg

"Gangsta's Paradise"
~Acrylic, yarn, foam, and bandana on skateboard (half)

I really like these Portraits on skateboard and boxes and wood! Great stuff! I also went to art school. I got my BFA at University of the Arts in Philadelphia. I am also aspiring to become a high school art teacher.

Here are some of my favorites from college:

"Harpo", oil on canvas.

harpo-1.jpg

"Devon's Demon's", oil on canvas.

devonsdemons.jpg

"Fractured Self-Portrait", oil on wood.

Fracturedselfportrait-2.jpg

"Smoker's Lips", charcoal on paper.

SmokersLips-1.jpg

I also take commissions for portraits, here are some of my favorites:

"Cholly", acrylic on canvas.

littlecholly-2.jpg

"The Red Suit", acrylic on canvas.

theredsuit-1.jpg

"Carole and Matt", charcoal on paper.

caroleandmatt.jpg

"Military Portrait", charcoal on paper.

militaryportrait-1.jpg

"Sarah Painting", oil on wood.

sarahpainting-1.jpg

I love to see other peoples artwork, keep posting! :)

Wow! Megaton...those are great! Do you eve show your work?

Thanks Brian! Yes I have shown work in group shows when I had the opportunity. I'd like to do more but need to make time to generate more work. Have you shown your work? Your characters are great are they people you know?

Megan

I can't draw a stick figure, but drawing and other artwork really blow my mind. I've always been jealous of this talent!

Have you shown your work? Your characters are great are they people you know?

Megan

Yeah, I've been in a number of groups shows (still hoping to do a solo show in the next year or so). The characters are mostly based off of sketches that I have done, and then developed into 3dimensional works.

Yeah, I've been in a number of groups shows (still hoping to do a solo show in the next year or so). The characters are mostly based off of sketches that I have done, and then developed into 3dimensional works.

Very cool:D

I'm loving this thread! Would have never known the talent some of y'all have. Tron, you are a beast! Ebineezer, love the skateboard art.

Keep it coming!

Back
Top Bottom