Another Site Migration - around 03/20/23

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Hey all.

Our hosting provider was taken over by GoDaddy. They will be moving us to new hardware next week sometime.

Somewhere buried in how wonderful this is going to be was the line saying that the special needs of our site will require some downtime. Or in a nutshell, we have to do the migration.

We have a couple of interns working on it as their spring break project. Gunna be a'right.

Will keep you all updated as more info becomes available.

iman29

Is this another April fools joke?

I liked the one last year where this was taken over by Outside+ or something like that.

Maybe Elon musk will buy this site and fire all the interns.

Patrick

Staff member
Insert gif of Titanic hitting an iceberg here

I'd go for a @Dave Taylor economy post.

Is this another April fools joke?

I liked the one last year where this was taken over by Outside+ or something like that.

Maybe Elon musk will buy this site and fire all the interns.

This is real. Expect your subscription costs to triple.

jackx

We have a couple of interns working on it as their spring break project. Gunna be a'right.
Wondering if you have to be in Florida to work with the interns on the migration? Or is "Interns" code for Norm's kids?

Patrick

Staff member
Got word that the migration will start tomorrow.

I'll try to get a status page up as quickly as possible after the current hardware is shutdown.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Got word that the migration will start tomorrow.

I'll try to get a status page up as quickly as possible after the current hardware is shutdown.

you better not be telling me i have to sit in the office tomorrow with out the site to kill/waste time with!

Patrick

Staff member
Gaaahhh! It's tomorrow now! Is it time to panic?

Amazon delivering the redbull this afternoon......don't panic until we go offline.

They really haven't supplied any real info on how this is going to go other than they'll
"let me know" and supply a backup file of everything....

Top Bottom