Annual Night Canal Ride.

Rescheduled!!

I have spoken to someone who has heard that this ride has been rescheduled for the 20th.

This is NOT definite but is fairly reliable.

Anyone who hears otherwise please share.

Me and the Georges set out for some frozen canal crunchiness anyway last night. We rode a section of the NW canal leg from Trenton up to Washington's xing, crossed the bridge and rode the Pa side back.
The Pa side was more sketchy but both sides had some interesting spots. It was ~ 20 miles round trip.
We stopped at Vault brewing company on the way back for food/beer. The breakfast stout was delish! The brown sugar buffalo proscuitto pizza was crazy good too.
Fun stuff! :)

Last edited:
I could barely start up again after that break... Before we went for beer I wasn't cold at all, when we came back out to finish the. Ride burrrrrrrrrr....

The stout was good, the pizza was good, good times..

Looks like this Friday will be a relatively warm ride. As of now the forecast calls for clear skies and temps no lower than 38. With the impending snow that is forecast for tonight into Tuesday the trail will surely be soft and muddy. Bring fenders!

Which way are you guys heading out of Bound Brook. I was considering joining for a lit with the cx bike and then bailing around six mile and heading back on the roads.

Also, have any of you seen the towpath lately. Its pretty covered as of 5pm tonight. To the point where you cant see any of the path surface. Im sure it will be soft and ridable but thats gonna be a tough ride if you have to fight it the whole time.

Which way are you guys heading out of Bound Brook. I was considering joining for a lit with the cx bike and then bailing around six mile and heading back on the roads.

Also, have any of you seen the towpath lately. Its pretty covered as of 5pm tonight. To the point where you cant see any of the path surface. Im sure it will be soft and ridable but thats gonna be a tough ride if you have to fight it the whole time.

On its best day, the canal path is a long, flat, and boring ride all the way to Trenton. I would hope today's temps and full sun will melt quite a bit of the snow cover...or at least thin it out. I think a mountain bike would be the best option for the conditions. You will struggle with a CX bike but that decision is ultimately yours. Yes we will pass right by 6MR so if you want to bail, that option is always available.

Looking forward to one heck of a workout tonight! Dress warm and don't forget to pack dry clothes as we will surely be getting a bit wet. Rooster tailing will be the issue so if you have fenders, slap em on!

Bailing -

beer and music in new hope option selected.

Be safe.

Well I pass right by the train station anyway so I might swing by at 7 and see whats up. Theres lots of places to hop onto the road between there and six mile.

Back
Top Bottom