an open letter:

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
dear everyone who thought the red sox were going to tank weeks ago:

where are you? seriously, where did you go? i've been waiting for you nay-sayers to start chirping again but i haven't heard a word. it seems like just yesterday that you were gleefully praising the sox doing their best simon & garfunkle impression and slip-slidin' away outta first place. then that didn't happen...but the chirping didn't stop. next, it was 'ooooh, watch out, here come the red hot indians!' and as them indians were stomping the sox like sherman though georgia, you were out in mass doing your best impressions of home run rain dances. unfortunately, the indians must have been hitting the some of that fine boston lager and fell on their faces faster than michael jackson at day care center. then it was the 'team of destiny', them frisky colorado rockies who went 21-1 down the strech and won a million straight to roar into the series. but...but...but...they're down two games to zip.

and you are quiet.

silent.

speechles.

where'd ya go? move on to being colts fans? maybe rolling 10 deep with your homies on the knicks?

i don't care where the red sox are, and for literally my entire life until 2004, they SUCKED, i will never stop talking smack about the yankees. f the yankees, and f the evil empire. and the funny thing is, i don't even really like baseball...yet i can find it in myself to hate the yankees 24/7/365.

ok, i'm done.

[size=+2]GO SOX![/size]

Last edited:

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
GO ROCKIES!!!!

haha, I don't really like baseball, and I couldn't care less about the WS...I just want get things started here!! :D

From what I've heard, seems like the rockies got too much time off....but I guess it is not over 'til the fat lady sings...

Last edited:

ArmyOfNone

It really is poor how this WS is turing out. I really was looking forward to something good. The sox line up is seriously rediculously powerful.

Wazu

I respect a man who hates that deeply. Way to stick to your guns Jake. Although I am a Yankee fan, as you know, I hate the evil empire part of the Yankees more than you probably. Especially Steinbrenner. I also root for American league when the Yanks don't make it.

Glancing Aft

Denver is a far better city and has better biking so im going for the. but in all seriousness i would have rather done another night lap in the thunderstorm at this years 24hoa than watch a Ws game... yawn... it needs to stop raining...

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was in Denver once. The liquor stores closed at like 5:00 on a Sunday. WTF?

I went up to Boston one time with my buddy Vinny who was ditching a family wedding and we went to a Red Sox game where the A's beat the snot out of them and McGwire hit 3 HRs. After the last one the crowd stood and applauded.

Still I'm a Yankees fan so Jake can go fuck pie.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
funny thing is, i really don't care that much for baseball anymore now that i don't live in boston. never cared for it much before that either. but, i have always been a sox fan and it's my god given right to HATE the yankees soooo.....

....F THE YANKEES and the pie norm rode in on.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Pie is good.

I actually get a kick out of the Yankees losing now, as well as Duke basketball and Notre Dame football. Long gone are the days where I care about pro team sports. I still pull for Rutgets FB/BB but I don't watch much of those either. Maybe half a game a month of the FB team.

J

joanqs

dear everyone who thought the red sox were going to tank weeks ago:

where are you? seriously, where did you go? i've been waiting for you nay-sayers to start chirping again but i haven't heard a word. it seems like just yesterday that you were gleefully praising the sox doing their best simon & garfunkle impression and slip-slidin' away outta first place. then that didn't happen...but the chirping didn't stop. next, it was 'ooooh, watch out, here come the red hot indians!' and as them indians were stomping the sox like sherman though georgia, you were out in mass doing your best impressions of home run rain dances. unfortunately, the indians must have been hitting the some of that fine boston lager and fell on their faces faster than michael jackson at day care center. then it was the 'team of destiny', them frisky colorado rockies who went 21-1 down the strech and won a million straight to roar into the series. but...but...but...they're down two games to zip.

and you are quite.

silent.

speechles.

where'd ya go? move on to being colts fans? maybe rolling 10 deep with your homies on the knicks?

i don't care where the red sox are, and for literally my entire life until 2004, they SUCKED, i will never stop talking smack about the yankees. f the yankees, and f the evil empire. and the funny thing is, i don't even really like baseball...yet i can find it in myself to hate the yankees 24/7/365.

ok, i'm done.

[size=+2]GO SOX![/size]

YEAH, WHAT HE SAID..BASTARDS!

metaldork

let me tell a story.

i grew up in cleveland as a die hard indians fan. i can remember going to games in the 80s when there were maybe 5k people in a stadium that held 70k. then in the 90s they started to get good. but like every other cleveland team, they could never close the deal; always choking insteading of putting it away. so after the 99 season i decided they disappointed me for the last time and i disowned them. for 8 years i didn't watch a game or even check the standings. then this last labor day i went to visit my parents and they took me to a game. i had no idea they were in 1st place or even good. i didn't know any of the players. except of course kenny lofton. but i had fun and they won the game. so i watched the playoffs. they had boston on the ropes. all they had to do was win 1 more game. so what did they do? they disappointed me again.

the moral of this story? never let a cleveland team get your hopes up cuz they're only gonna let you down.

oh yeah. one more thing. my mother had tickets to the open game of the world series if it would have been in cleveland. i almost bought a plane ticket to go. i am so glad i didn't.

Last edited:

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
i can relate to that. things seem to be going all good for the sox now. hopefully it's a done deal after tonight and i can get back to concentrating on how bad the dolphins are.

let me tell a story.

i grew up in cleveland as a die hard indians fan. i can remember going to games in the 80s when there were maybe 5k people in a stadium that held 70k. then in the 90s they started to get good. but like every other cleveland team, they could never close the deal; always choking insteading of putting it away. so after the 99 season i decided they disappointed me for the last time and i disowned them. for 8 years i didn't watch a game or even check the standings. then this last labor day i went to visit my parents and they took me to a game. i had no idea they were in 1st place or even good. i didn't know any of the players. except of course kenny lofton. but i had fun and they won the game. so i watched the playoffs. they had boston on the ropes. all they had to do was win 1 more game. so what did they do? they disappointed me again.

the moral of this story? never let a cleveland team get your hopes up cuz they're only gonna let you down.

oh yeah. one more thing. my mother had tickets to the open game of the world series if it would have been in cleveland. i almost bought a plane ticket to go. i am so glad i didn't.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i can relate to that. things seem to be going all good for the sox now. hopefully it's a done deal after tonight and i can get back to concentrating on how bad the dolphins are.

Yeah, no sense wasting effort on the State U's football team.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
welp, tonight could be the night. i heard someone mutter something today about the red sox being the "next yankees". from a success perspective, i can only hope.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
ah, jake had to take the tahoe to the shop this morning and is just getting to his computer.

yes, the sox won. am i happier that they won then lost? i sure am! would i have beat my wife/children/dog if they lost? no. i am a red sox fan, and yes, i do hate the yankees with reckless abandon BUT i'm also not crazy.

i'm sure we're all aware that the "root" of the word fan is short for the word fanatic. i've never been the type to follow any team to that extent, ever. i just never saw the point. if i loved something that much i just went outside and did it. up until the series i couldn't have named more than five or six players on the sox and most of them would have been pitchers. hell, i've been a dolphins fan forever and i had no clue zach thomas wasn't playing yesterday until about half way through the third quarter.

what's my point? i dunno really. just stating a few things.

J

joanqs

i'm sure we're all aware that the "root" of the word fan is short for the word fanatic. i've never been the type to follow any team to that extent, ever. i just never saw the point. if i loved something that much i just went outside and did it. up until the series i couldn't have named more than five or six players on the sox and most of them would have been pitchers. hell, i've been a dolphins fan forever and i had no clue zach thomas wasn't playing yesterday until about half way through the third quarter.

what's my point? i dunno really. just stating a few things.

Did you know that the game was being held at Wembley? I didn't.

But.... about the RedSox. It is hard to live in this area and not get caught up in baseball. It seems that the RedSox have equal air time with the Mets and that we would have to live in a bubble to hear nothing of this team.

And with the Sox, you don't necessarily have to love baseball or be fanatic to get caught up with their story. Let's face it -the themes are age old- mysticism and the rise of the underdog. Not only this but the Sox seem to have maintained through years of losses, and inexplicable happenings a love and passion for the game-seen in the players and with the fans; these qualities are appealing to everyone, unless of course you are a Yankee fan.

i don't know what i am saying either. I wish I was able to have seen the game.

Top Bottom