Alrighty 29er it is .......

Whats up with the bars on the Mary ?? They look like a beach comber bar !!!

people either love 'em or hate 'em. i happen to love them...for XC. i wouldn't even consider putting them on a bike that would see 2'-3' drops like the fuel does.

i would reccomend you give them a try before you pass judgement. worst case scenario is you sell 'em here or on ebay.

Straight from The Dog's fingers:

I just saw the 08 Mary lineup.

They got rid of the shitty WTB tires and went with Nevegals. This is a good choice in my book.

They put a Salsa stem and Bar on the XC and a salsa stem on the SS but kept the Mary bar. This is a mistake in my book as the bar can scare folks away. I don't know anyone who has kept the bar on.

The new colors are Baby blue and Humbolt Green on the SS and Tangerine on the XC.

Basically the bike is so good that they didn't mess with it for 08'.

Buy one. You will love it.:cool:

j-

no way! tangerine on the XC! sweeeettttttt!

such a great move bailing on the WTBs. that has been a sticking point with me when considering a new 29er hardtail since it was killing me to have to buy a brand new bike then lay out another 60 bones (dog refernce intended) on new tires. haven't ridden the nevegals but there is simply NO WAY on the planet they can be worse than the stock Exiwolfs from this year.

btw, i still have my mary bars. :(

Thanks for all your help guys. I'm gonna go with the Haro Mary. Those bars look like a trail hazzard to me so in about 2 weeks when I buy the bike they will be forsale or else I'll have a new Christmas ornament for my tree this year.

Halters Cycles has the best prices. Jdog I'll see you in about 2 weeks. Thanks.

i just don't see how they could possibly have close to as much control on technical downhills as a 'straight'/riser bar. i've ridden similar bars in the way of very low rise cruiser bars flipped and chopped, and it was just not what i thought it would be. to each his own though. what works for one person wont necessarily work for another.

Thanks for all your help guys. I'm gonna go with the Haro Mary. Those bars look like a trail hazzard to me so in about 2 weeks when I buy the bike they will be forsale or else I'll have a new Christmas ornament for my tree this year.

Halters Cycles has the best prices. Jdog I'll see you in about 2 weeks. Thanks.

honestly, you should try them before you pitch them...

and sean, i still say you'd like the mary bars if you gave 'em a try.

I like a 1.5" riser bar. Those bars don't look like they have the balance I like. They look like batmans boomerang.

he rode them at mahlon last week, did fine. doesn't every ride include at least one 2+ foot drop though?

i honestly think it's my trialsin background that would keep me from liking them. i rode nothing but sweeped flat and riser bars for 8 years.

Jake... Besides LM, where have you used the Mary bars? Anywhere technical?

everywhere except 'mooch. the stuff at mahlon last was wicked technical.

he rode them at mahlon last week, did fine. doesn't every ride include at least one 2+ foot drop though?

i honestly think it's my trialsin background that would keep me from liking them. i rode nothing but sweeped flat and riser bars for 8 years.

good point. you may be beyond hope.

Also...

Cannondale will have a stock F-29er SS for 2008.

They will be ready to rock in August.

$1599.

I know that it will have a Lefty but that is all I know as of now..

Might be worth the wait??

j

Lesbians pedal pretty freakin fast in my experience.............

I my limited experience I have been beaten at many sports by lesbians.

Most recently is has been lawn bowling, croquet, darts, tic-tac-toe and horse shoes.

Something in the DNA I think.

No matter.

j

Back
Top Bottom