Allamuchy, Sunday 10/29

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good deal. This should be the easiest 7:15 am of the year. Well, unless you look out your window and it's windy and rainy.

dmc123

Hey guys, I am a new member to this site. If you don't mind an extra person, I would like to make the ride. I've ridden parts of Allamuchy but not from that parking lot. Since Allamuchy is so huge, it would be great to go with people that know the trails. Thanks,

Dave

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Dave,

Come on down. You'll be able to recognize us by the fact we're the only people there.

Norm

xc62701

Good Ride!

It was good to meet up with you guys today and go for a decent ride. I was excited to see some more of what allamuchy has to offer. Little by little I'm getting more of a mental map of that place. I think the best part was that the legs had a lot left in em even after the 909 last night. Thanks for showing me around and it was good to meet everyone. I'll keep my eyes open for future rides.

Ryan H.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good ride, nice meeting some of your for the first time, and seeing others again. A few things I learned today:

1. Having Maurice on the ride really slows us down a lot. :)
2. Allamuchy is a crazy network of trails.
3. Brett knows almost all of them.
4. If you go down a trail Brett doesn't know, be prepared to bushwack.
5. Mike doesn't like touching dead deer.
6. If I ever harbored dreams of being an expert XC racer for 2007, either I need to find new dreams or work a ton.

Hoping for Mahlon next weekend. Good turnout today, with 7 of us showing. Dave - maybe next time will treat you better.

Norm

anrothar

entirely thrilled
definitely a fun ride. it'll be a long time before i have a decent mental map of that place. i can recognize the trails, but generally have no idea where they go.

nice meeting everyone. it was nice riding with fast people too. even though it was a casual pace.

impressive how quick the trails drain.

Mike679

...it was nice riding with fast people too. even though it was a casual pace.

You're being kind, Sean. Fast I am not. In any event, it was a fun ride and it was good to put some faces to names, while seeing some familiar faces again.

Mike

dmc123

Hey Guys,
I appreciate that you allowed me to ride with you guys today. Unfortunately, I've only been able to ride once a week most of this summer, so I am a little slow. I've been working about 80 hours a week and I have a 9 month old baby so riding has taken a back seat. Thanks Brett for staying back to keep me from getting lost. I am still interested in any rides where the pace is a little slower and I won't hold back 6 other guys. This ride will motivate me to work out more in the off season, especially since ski season is coming up, and I really like to ski also. Thanks,
Dave

anrothar

entirely thrilled
wow, 80 hours a week! i give you credit for getting one ride a week in with that and a baby. i don't think i would be riding at all under those circumstances. how's your lip? i had a thorn hit me in the right spot on my knuckle once and my hand swelled up like a lobster claw for two days.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Dave,

We've all been that guy before. In 2 years you'll be running us up and down the mountain because you were so motivated by the ride. Of course you'll have been fired by then. But hey, those fast downhills are sweet, no?

Norm

Top Bottom