Allamuchy, Sunday 10/29

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is for the early birds.

Say 8:00, Tranquility Farms side? Sun rises around 7:15 so if you early risers want to meet then I'm game. I usually get up by 5:30 or 6:00. Otherwise, 8:00 is fine in the event we draw more of a "crowd". I'm hoping some of the regulars can make it, regardless of the absurdly early time.

I assume that whole road where people parked for All-A-Muchy is OK for parking?

If Mike shows he can lead. Otherwise it's me and my stinking map. Oh, pace is relaxed, of course. Say 2+ hour ride, no more than 3.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i'm tentatively in. i may/may not be in nyc saturday night through sunday.

Last edited:
S

Stan LeCupp

Id like to join but Im working late Saturday night. Ill probably ride later. Have a good one.

xc62701

normZurawski said:
This is for the early birds.

Say 8:00, Tranquility Farms side? Sun rises around 7:15 so if you early risers want to meet then I'm game. I usually get up by 5:30 or 6:00. Otherwise, 8:00 is fine in the event we draw more of a "crowd". I'm hoping some of the regulars can make it, regardless of the absurdly early time.

I assume that whole road where people parked for All-A-Muchy is OK for parking?

If Mike shows he can lead. Otherwise it's me and my stinking map. Oh, pace is relaxed, of course. Say 2+ hour ride, no more than 3.

I might make a showing, I'm doing the 909 the night before so it depends on how I feel after that. I'd like to join you guys though.

Ryan H.

Mike679

I'm in

I'll be there as long as the weather is good and I don't come down with the terrific stomach virus that has infiltrated my residence. Ah, the joys of parenthood.

From that side I usually park on the road that Norm mentioned, as close to the trail head for the white trail as I can get. I assume that's the same road as the road that people parked on for the All-a-Muchy event.

I presume we'll finalize a time later this week? I'm good for anytime after 7:15am.

Mike

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i'm gonna go ahead and say i will be there. i'm usually up by 5-5:30, so 7:15 would not be a problem for me.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good deal gents.

Let's say 7:15, Sunday, Tranquility Farms side. 2-3 hour ride. Assume the pace will probably be fairly slow, since there are a ton of leaves down now and it's supposed to rain Saturday.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
hey norm-
i completely forgot that we were going to my uncle's place in pennsyltucky saturday night so i'm not going to be able to make it sunday. however, going forward, i WILL make as many of these rides as you're willing to do. having a ride DONE by 10:00 will make the wife a happy person.

jake

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Let's say 7:15 new time, unless Sean/Mike want to make it earlier.

Jake - next time!

xc62701

normZurawski said:
Let's say 7:15 new time, unless Sean/Mike want to make it earlier.

Jake - next time!

I think I'm gonna make it. Hmmm... Single speed or geared bike?

Ryan H.

Mike679

Gears for me too (not that I have another option). 7:15 new time works. The only thing that will potentially keep me out of this ride is if my power goes out due to the forecast wind conditions. I live in the sticks and seem to lose power with anything more than a 20 mile an hour wind, so if 7:20 rolls around and I'm not there, assume I'm sitting home with no lights or water.

Mike

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I do now have a Mergs-mobile, which is a total ghetto SS bike that I built up over vacation last week, old deraileur as a tensioner. WTB Velociraptor tires that were laying around, front tube with a slow leak. Rox Shock fork with something like 4 mm of travel. 15 year old grips I soaked in dish washing detergent. Hey, but the brake cables & housing are brand spanking new! As the Kool Aid Man says, OH YEAH!

Let's hope you can make it Sunday. And let's hope it's not 33 and windy.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
dress warm boys... we might actually see some ice if we get out there on time. i might have to make my pogies today.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It should be 40 by the time we start, but possibly very windy shortly after. The cloud cover should prevent the temps from dropping too low tonight. Let's hope, since ice and wind and no leaves on trees and wet trails could make for a fun ride.

Top Bottom