Allaire Conditions

Frank

Sasquatch
Hot and humid conditions out there today but the trails greatly benefited from last nights storm. Trails were clear of the loose stuff but the nicks are full…we will have to work on that this Sunday. Btw, the tree near the end of Glass is now cleared. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Cassinonorth

From the FB "Garden State Mountain Biking" Group

allaire.png

Johnny Utah

That's great! I live just a few miles from Allaire, near the WMA, and we easily received over 10" of rain. My rain gauge maxed out at 8" Monday evening and was overflowing.
There is no way the WMA is good to ride at those rain levels. Even Allaire, maybe the top half of the park off Hospital Road where all the sand is, but once you get to the low levels and loamy areas it will be a mess. If people keep riding them in wet conditions they too will turn to sand or a mud hole.

Very dangerous to say “Allaire is good to go” based off of a few well draining trails. Then the masses come down, ride it, and cause damage to the wetter areas.

JonF

Watch out for yellowjackets!

Rode the high and dry trails last night and must have passed by a yellowjacket nest over by the switchbacks and one of the little fuckers got me right on the lip. That makes the second time getting stung by the little bastards this month. First time was a few weeks back in the laurel trails closer to the river. Apparently late in the season food gets scarce and so they are rather feisty and more apt to sting.

Citytrikeguy

For those with a chainsaw. There’s a downed tree off of the Model Plane field. Near where River trail and Sherwood Forest trail meet. This is a bit much for my folding saw.

Attachments

• BBEAE068-A0DE-4DF2-BFEA-23B60B63B30B.png
    BBEAE068-A0DE-4DF2-BFEA-23B60B63B30B.png
    271.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 9FD8A384-A39D-4B7D-BA3E-A7BF8784E08F.jpeg
    9FD8A384-A39D-4B7D-BA3E-A7BF8784E08F.jpeg
    244 KB · Views: 87

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Any intel on the dino situation? I'm pretty bummed that they were sabotaged, but not surprised. One commenter on Robin's post even accused MTBers of doing it. People...

Last edited:

Frank

Sasquatch
Any intel on the dino situation? I'm pretty bummed that they were sabotaged, but not surprised. One commenter on Robin's post even accused MTBers of doing it. People...

People suck sometimes. I’d be surprised if it were mtbers as any biker I’ve shown the area to, has been amazed. But you never know. 😢

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's

Link Broken.. What Happened???

Johnny Utah

This is a huge bummer. I had the chance to meet her several times, what a sweet person. Even more important, the smiles that area put on peoples faces were priceless, especially during the COVID times. I hope she rebuilds.

bydabeach

There is no way the WMA is good to ride at those rain levels. Even Allaire, maybe the top half of the park off Hospital Road where all the sand is, but once you get to the low levels and loamy areas it will be a mess. If people keep riding them in wet conditions they too will turn to sand or a mud hole.

Very dangerous to say “Allaire is good to go” based off of a few well draining trails. Then the masses come down, ride it, and cause damage to the wetter areas.
Rode Saturday on my normal route, and the WMA, even the low levels and loamy areas were perfect. Not a single muddy or soft spot. Came across several downed trees and large branches that I cleared myself and my 7" folding Corona saw. Ran into a hunter, and confirmed hunting season is in full swing, and mountain bikers should only be in the WMA on Sundays. So, no more WMA except on Sundays until the Spring. Maybe there was a funnel over my rain gauge. But the soil drained really well.

bydabeach

This is a huge bummer. I had the chance to meet her several times, what a sweet person. Even more important, the smiles that area put on peoples faces were priceless, especially during the COVID times. I hope she rebuilds.
More here. It must suck for some people to suck. Pure evil.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions