Allaire Conditions

myshiningone

Am I the only person complaining about Chiggers at Allaire? Noticing bites from two different rides. Otherwise, trails are great...sandy in spots as predictable...with the exception of overgrowth in the WMA areas. Jorba doin trail work this past Sunday! I'll join you next time! Thanks for your hard work!

Johnny Utah

Am I the only person complaining about Chiggers at Allaire? Noticing bites from two different rides. Otherwise, trails are great...sandy in spots as predictable...with the exception of overgrowth in the WMA areas. Jorba doin trail work this past Sunday! I'll join you next time! Thanks for your hard work!
Long socks, don’t stop or get off your bike. Especially in grassy areas or those with lots of pine needles. Follow this and you will have minimal if no chigger issues.

I saw a group of people that stopped and talked in a grassy area near the airfield. Rumor has it the chiggers are them to the bone. Now there is a picture frame of them where it happened. Their van is right behind the parking lot in the bottom of the creek. Poor bastards.

MikeyBikey2000

Long socks, don’t stop or get off your bike. Especially in grassy areas or those with lots of pine needles. Follow this and you will have minimal if no chigger issues.

I saw a group of people that stopped and talked in a grassy area near the airfield. Rumor has it the chiggers are them to the bone. Now there is a picture frame of them where it happened. Their van is right behind the parking lot in the bottom of the creek. Poor bastards.

Legend has it one more person has to be ate to the bone and the treasure will be found

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Spray Off before ride. After ride, take off socks, wash down good with towel and wipes. Repeat. Thank me in the morning.

Johnny Utah

Any trail report after that damn central NJ microburst thunderstorm last night?
We didn’t get much rain at all, but the wind was crazy for 30 minutes. It would be prudent to expect a few branches/limb or two may be down. Feel free to report any findings.

Karate Monkey

Confirm based on what @krink said. Largely just deadfall on the trail, though there is one new awkward log on Sherwood. Someone is continuing to pile small loose sticks over the log that's been there for a few months, and it's getting dangerous; the small sticks skitter out unless you clear the log without them, anyway.

Didn't touch the large interiors (Blue/Orange) other than where they go near Hospital/Herbertsville.

EJphotos

Wet trails today...went to celebrate NBD, got halfway through the roots and turned around. Since when has there been a massive mud pit in the middle of the roots section?

Karate Monkey

Wet trails today...went to celebrate NBD, got halfway through the roots and turned around. Since when has there been a massive mud pit in the middle of the roots section?

You're talking about the "sunrise to sunset" trail out the lot? It's been there pretty much forever, but has been worse this year.

EJphotos

PhotoPictureResizer_210917_203028866-1080x1080.jpg

Area circled in black. Mud pit. I swear I've never seen this before lol

Karate Monkey

View attachment 167381

Area circled in black. Mud pit. I swear I've never seen this before lol

Yeah, it's always been slightly-tacky-to-mucky in that area, but it blew out the last year(s) with the massive increase in traffic. It'll "dry out" completely sometime in late December if it gets real cold this year, then maybe by June it'll be actually dry.

Much of the park fares better, though I laud your turning around when you saw something bad. Usually rain in the last few days means that area is wet, if not muddy. Skirt around to the north on the map, which is usually dry. If so, you're probably good for everything other than the river trail.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions