Allaire Conditions

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I need to check out Thompson Park. They groom for fat bike?
They groom for xc skiing.

However boot hikers trample the trail because it's easier to walk on. The park system used to have signs asking non skiers to stay off the tracks but it was a loosing battle. This is NJ, don't tell me what to do.

onetracker

They groom for xc skiing.

However boot hikers trample the trail because it's easier to walk on. The park system used to have signs asking non skiers to stay off the tracks but it was a loosing battle. This is NJ, don't tell me what to do.
I figured as much; I would not think any park was progressive enough to groom for fat bike yet. But all good. Grooming for XC ski is cool, despite Mitch’s objections I will need to check it out. Hey Mitch-FU 💩 just kidding.

That is a bummer about the boot tracks. Simple kindness and generosity goes a long way!!!!!

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
figured as much; I would not think any park was progressive enough to groom for fat bike yet.
The problem with grooming for fat bike is that if temps get warm enough to soften snow then tires (even fat tires) sink and make ruts.

Mohonk allows fat bikes on groomed trails when the temps are cold (under 25degrees ?), but this is always controversial. Fortunately not many folks mtb on snow up north, they realize skis are made for snow, not tires. 😜

onetracker

I am sure you are right. Stewarts is the closest thing we have to groomed trails for fat bike around here. I did not know about Mohonk for fat bike, only XC ski. It seems the only way to avoid ruts is to have sustained cold temps and a rock hard base.

At some point I will have to go to Kingdom to ride some groomed fatbike trails and do some XC skiing.

johnbryanpeters

The problem with grooming for fat bike is that if temps get warm enough to soften snow then tires (even fat tires) sink and make ruts.

Mohonk allows fat bikes on groomed trails when the temps are cold (under 25degrees ?), but this is always controversial. Fortunately not many folks mtb on snow up north, they realize skis are made for snow, not tires. 😜
Ever go to Canada?

krink

Eddie Munster
This was yesterday at noon, got a little slushy by 2 PM. Gonna rain today tho.

Attachments

• IMG_8308.jpg
    IMG_8308.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_8302.jpg
    IMG_8302.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 108

choop

I did a road ride in the area and looking in from the road there is still snow cover. The ground is still frozenish and not absorbing the melt. I would guess next week at the earliest.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I xc skied in Allaire yesterday, some trails had snow, some didn't. SW exposure verse NE exposure.
Anyway, the melt is on, with the rain this Wknd all the snow melt will leave the trails soggy for awhile. This is a tough time of year, when it's 55 degrees and sunny folks want to ride but March is a delicate time on trails. Plan on road rides.
IMG_20210224_182129.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions