Allaire 12/6/08

Your group pic has arrived:

6Dec2008AllaireRide1.jpg

GREAT ride! Hopefully more of this can happen in the future.

sunday

for everyone that couldnt make it out today me and scott are riding in allaire meet 830 hospital road...pending snow turning to raIN:mad2:

Had a blast during my first ride at Allaire. It was nice to finally meet a few people as well! Thanks to Frank for leading today. I'll definitely be back!

Glad you enjoyed it.:) I think the rest of us had a blast too.:cool:

I had SUCH an amazing time today. Thank you guys (and girls!) so much!!!! One day I WILL be able to do that f*ing climb!

Great time!!

I second what the Mean Irish Girl said. AMAZING TIME! The trails we rode were super fun. I especially LOVED the switchbacks. The climb was definitely tough, but in time I'll tackle it as well as you all do.

I'm so blown away at the support and encouragement we got yesterday. As this was my first big group ride, I really expected some of you to be aggravated with my frequent stalling:drooling:. But nobody ever made me feel that way, and I really appreciate it.

I'm terrible with names so here goes:

Whoever rode behind me on "the climb", I didn't get your name, (pretty sure you were on a 29er) but thanks for the push I needed to get up that hill. I know I had to stop a few times, but your encouragement really kept me on my bike much longer than I would have been without it.

To the blonde woman, Val I think??? Thanks alot for all the tips!

And whoever swept in the beginning, thanks for making me raise my seat, it helped alot.

Looking forward to doing this again sometime!! :D

I normally dont go out when its real cold but the frozen trails made it all worth it. Too bad I had to bail early- I didn't get my ugly mug in the group photo!

It was great to meet some some fellow bikers. Looking forward to the next ride!

Dan

Last edited:
I'm so blown away at the support and encouragement we got yesterday. As this was my first big group ride, I really expected some of you to be aggravated with my frequent stalling:drooling:. But nobody ever made me feel that way, and I really appreciate it.

Whoever rode behind me on "the climb", I didn't get your name, (pretty sure you were on a 29er) but thanks for the push I needed to get up that hill. I know I had to stop a few times, but your encouragement really kept me on my bike much longer than I would have been without it.

:D

That was Chris behind you on the climb. Our first priority on any ride is to make sure you are having an enjoyable ride. There will be times when a challenging hill or root section will come up and at that point you need to take it at your own speed. If you are riding with us you should never feel like you are holding us up. We all started somewhere (Me about a year ago) and I know if you get discouraged on a ride you probably wont be back. It is always fun to ride with others at any pace. So with that said, please at any time if you want to go out and have fun with no pressure let us know!

Jim And Val, Chris, Brian, Mike, Ken, Jamie and the rest of the folks that have helped with our beginner rides are great examples of what is right with the sport of mountain biking. They are advocates of our sport in many, many ways and I am proud to know them and call them friends. Great stuff here folks, great stuff.:)

Thanks Frank!

Frank, didn't mean to forget you, our fearless leader!! Thanks!
Charlie and I drove 2 hours from PA for that ride yesterday, and it was SO worth it.
I had the time of my life!
Val, thanks for filling me in on names.
Chris, sorry I didn't remember your name. Thanks for the push, I really needed the challenge.

Michele
the NICE Irish girl

Sounds like yall had a great ride:( , sorry i missed it i was doing my home inspection today on the new digs and checking out my basement and the new bike work shop i want to build:D hope all is well crew,

NMBPmike

That was Chris behind you on the climb. Our first priority on any ride is to make sure you are having an enjoyable ride. There will be times when a challenging hill or root section will come up and at that point you need to take it at your own speed. If you are riding with us you should never feel like you are holding us up. We all started somewhere (Me about a year ago) and I know if you get discouraged on a ride you probably wont be back. It is always fun to ride with others at any pace. So with that said, please at any time if you want to go out and have fun with no pressure let us know!

i second that...

I am sorry I missed out on the fun. I have no doubt that we will do this again, hopefully soon. See you as the weather allows.

To the blonde woman, Val I think??? Thanks alot for all the tips!

And whoever swept in the beginning, thanks for making me raise my seat, it helped alot.

Looking forward to doing this again sometime!! :D

Your are very welcome...and what Val said.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions