Affordable Hardtail Frame Only with....

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Looking for a XC-Trail hardtail frame with the following attributes.... whats out there that is available as frame only?
Boost
Threaded BB
Can take both 29 and 27.5+

Prolly AL... but if there is a right deal on a leftover... would pull carbon. Anywhere from 5 to 10 benny? Maybe little more?
100-120 travel. Thinking more XC orientated.

Was looking at Ibis DV9? and it was marketed as a 29er... wondering if 27.5+ would fit.

Last edited:
Prolly AL... but if there is a right deal on a leftover... would pull carbon. Anywhere from 5 to 10 benny? Maybe little more?
100-120 travel. Thinking more XC orientated.

Was looking at Ibis DV9? and it was marketed as a 29er... wondering if 27.5+ would fit.
Never checked out the DV9, but it looks great for under 1K. Are you sure it's a BSA BB?

Never checked out the DV9, but it looks great for under 1K. Are you sure it's a BSA BB?
It has a threaded BB but has a rather short reach. L is 422mm with a 120 fork.... does this mean I should get a XL if I go this way?
Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 10.17.00 AM.png

Looking around all the affordable ones aren't boosted and have qr and they're 29ers
Aliexpress lol
Not sure where you are looking but most new frames will be boost.
I guess "affordable" is a vague term but most frames above $500 were boost... at least the ones I have seen.
I am leaning towards the Niner Air 9 AL... it pretty much checks all the boxes except for that stupid PF30

Aliexpress lol
I guess "affordable" is a vague term but most frames above $500 were boost... at least the ones I have seen.
I am leaning towards the Niner Air 9 AL... it pretty much checks all the boxes except for that stupid PF30

is there a pf30 to threaded conversion? gets permanently installed?

is there a pf30 to threaded conversion? gets permanently installed?
Idk... but would that solve the creeking issue... maybe i should man up get get a press fit tool. Just don't want to goto the LBS every time there is a creek. I mean my crux is press fit but thinking to get rid of it.

Aliexpress lol

And that is out of my affordable range ?

If the money you save is more than your deductible why not get AliExpress lol

Back
Top Bottom