Affordable Hardtail Frame Only with....

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Looking for a XC-Trail hardtail frame with the following attributes.... whats out there that is available as frame only?
Boost
Threaded BB
Can take both 29 and 27.5+

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Prolly AL... but if there is a right deal on a leftover... would pull carbon. Anywhere from 5 to 10 benny? Maybe little more?
100-120 travel. Thinking more XC orientated.

Was looking at Ibis DV9? and it was marketed as a 29er... wondering if 27.5+ would fit.

Last edited:

qclabrat

Prolly AL... but if there is a right deal on a leftover... would pull carbon. Anywhere from 5 to 10 benny? Maybe little more?
100-120 travel. Thinking more XC orientated.

Was looking at Ibis DV9? and it was marketed as a 29er... wondering if 27.5+ would fit.
Never checked out the DV9, but it looks great for under 1K. Are you sure it's a BSA BB?

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Never checked out the DV9, but it looks great for under 1K. Are you sure it's a BSA BB?
It has a threaded BB but has a rather short reach. L is 422mm with a 120 fork.... does this mean I should get a XL if I go this way?
Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 10.17.00 AM.png

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Looking around all the affordable ones aren't boosted and have qr and they're 29ers
Aliexpress lol
Not sure where you are looking but most new frames will be boost.
I guess "affordable" is a vague term but most frames above $500 were boost... at least the ones I have seen.
I am leaning towards the Niner Air 9 AL... it pretty much checks all the boxes except for that stupid PF30

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Aliexpress lol
I guess "affordable" is a vague term but most frames above $500 were boost... at least the ones I have seen.
I am leaning towards the Niner Air 9 AL... it pretty much checks all the boxes except for that stupid PF30

is there a pf30 to threaded conversion? gets permanently installed?

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
is there a pf30 to threaded conversion? gets permanently installed?
Idk... but would that solve the creeking issue... maybe i should man up get get a press fit tool. Just don't want to goto the LBS every time there is a creek. I mean my crux is press fit but thinking to get rid of it.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Aliexpress lol

And that is out of my affordable range ?

If the money you save is more than your deductible why not get AliExpress lol

Top Bottom