6 Mile Run Conditions

The conditions suck, the place is soaked. Give it time to dry out, which is probably going to be a bit as rain is predicted for the next few days.

The conditions suck, the place is soaked. Give it time to dry out, which is probably going to be a bit as rain is predicted for the next few days.

Out of curiosity I drove to the canal and Jack's lots today around 2pm just to see if any clowns were out there - only saw three pickup trucks in the Jack's lot - assume they were hunters

I think people look at signs. Maybe not every time they go but maybe 1 in 10 times they go while they wait for their late friends to arrive.

I will be out on Monday the 28th from around 10-1. Working between s Middlebush and 27. Lend a hand if you are free. Post up if you are coming I will be on foot and I will bring tools based on response. I know this is short notice, but I am betting a few of you are off work. PM me about parking.

I am thinking on getting in a ride early tomorrow morning before the sun gets to the fields- conditions appropriate for that or is it not rideable with all the rain we had?

Don't know if it's rideable yet but I can take a swing over, walk around and do a conditions check. I'm thinking it's still pretty soggy. Was gonna hit Allaire tomorrow.

UPDATE: Soggy mess of crap.

Last edited:
Did some checking- it is pretty darn wet. The field is a mess (not a surprise) and I skirted around the farm/shed building to the beginning of the single track and there were 2 massive puddles. Thinking just hittin Nassau instead tomorrow. Just looking for a fun ride as I have been off the bike for a few weeks and wanted to spin before the snow comes in...

Don't know if it's rideable yet but I can take a swing over, walk around and do a conditions check. I'm thinking it's still pretty soggy. Was gonna hit Allaire tomorrow.

Yeah agree stay away ride else where- even with tje freeze there is a ton of standing water

I have no idea why people think this is fun to ride. You can't carry speed and you end up with 50 lbs of mud on your bike.

Frozen trails are a blast this mudfest I agree is not. JDog's indoor mountain bike park has such a nice ring to it...

Went to Nassau yesterday. The conditions there were pretty good. The ground there seems to perk semi well. Was thinking about going again myself tomorrow. Just have to find the time.

Nassau was a mudfest Sunday too (at least in the lower parts). Should have gone to Allaire. Was looking forward to riding frozen ruts next weekend but it looks like it's gonna rain :(

Any chance of good riding conditions tommorow at Six Mile with all today's cold weather?
if its single digits tonight, then i bet tomorrow morning will be fine. aything in the sun will turn greasy quickly though.

rode canal side blue->white this afternoon - figuring 48 hours of very cold + wind. Was not disappointed.
arrived around 1pm, with temps at 27F. the field had soft spots on the trail, nothing that would
throw mud, but the tire left a track - it was easy to stay on the frozen side (the sun is so low, the
edge of the trail casts a shadow!) when this wasn't possible, the grass was solid.
worst part was the transition into the woods!

in the woods, even the spots that looked damp were frozen. Some of the places that the sun
had gotten to, because of clearing and south facing had softened. nothing seemed horrible.
as @jShort mentioned - i bet it was rock solid, probably up to 11:00 or better.
go get some tomorrow morning!

I have no idea why people think this is fun to ride. You can't carry speed and you end up with 50 lbs of mud on your bike.

and it's the red mud aka concrete

not that I would know personally, just heard it was so

Been cold and dry all week but warmed up a bit now. Anyone been over to Six today? Would love to ride tomorrow if the rain holds out till Sunday.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions