6 Mile Run Conditions

that VW guy

I was there at 1130 and both rt27 and canal lots were jam packed. Started out perfect. No dust, no mud, no puddles. Half way through it went back to being dusty as all hell. Up in north nj we are getting hammered with rain. Making another trip here tomorrow morning with a bunch of new riders, really hoping it will be OK to ride.

Last edited:

ADoug

Canal side is pretty good - a 3. The trails are tacky with some puddles in the usual spots. Roots were a bit wet this morning, which made for some fun, unexpected issues.

The Canal lot will not be accessible by car until 4PM. The township has closed the road to cars and is only allowing cyclists and walkers on the road. Head over to Blackwells Mills or Jacaues Lane instead. More information here: http://www.franklintwpnj.org/Home/Components/Calendar/Event/1774/1132?backlist=/

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Big thumbs up to anyone who stewards that trail system, holy smokes what a great ride we had today.
Glad you made it for your yearly visit to the western front.

There is something in the works that may make this place way better. Keep your fingers crossed.

qclabrat

Glad you made it for your yearly visit to the western front.

There is something in the works that may make this place way better. Keep your fingers crossed.
is there a TM in the near future, I know you and @fidodie have done some good work here, I should pitch in as I'm finding myself there more as of recent

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Thanks for the shout-out, i'm just a shovel, along with many others whom @jdog calls for a quick day or two of contribution.
@jdog for president. (he can run with or against @pooriggy.)

Let's also give kudos to Mike, our parks & recreation insider :D - he adds quite a bit of lubrication to the process....

elmart54

Hit sixmile early this morning. its very nice and fast out there. I recommend getting a ride in before the rain hits today. Also, great job on the blue section!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
damn. i gotta build a door on a barn to hide the pizza parlor hammer dude.

Ian F

Conditions were just about perfect today after work. What rain we had yesterday was pretty much absorbed and the trails are dry and fast with very little dust. I did a complete loop from the Canal lot (B-R-O-R-27-R-O-R-W-R) and finished with barely a hint of a Six-Mile-Tan. The temps were just right too.

Ian F

Conditions were dry and fast yesterday. The bit of rain we got should improve things. By the time I got to the end of Blue from the Canal lot, I already had a solid Six Mile Tan. Luckily, I managed to finish a complete loop about 10 min before the rain arrived.

ADoug

Hey ADoug - great meeting you today even if the humidity was kicking our asses. And yea, pretty perfect conditions right now.

It was good to meet you. This morning would have been so much better than yesterday - perfect conditions.

tommyjay

Not-So-Venerable Asshat
Rode this morning. Wheels down atat 545. Morning dew made conditions good, but it'll likely be dusty unless we get a thunderstorm.

I cleaned all the spiderwebs off the trail with my face, so that's a plus for anyone going later. :eek:

gtluke

The Moped
yfgWqro.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions