6 Mile Run Conditions

okay, think I got it
start at canal lot down to 27, and on the way back swing down to the Jacques Lane lot
no way I'd do that in under 2 hrs moving time

Ha believe it or not the fastest strava time on the older loop was 1 hr 7 minutes. My goal for this year is to get into the 1 hour 30-something minute range.

Ha believe it or not the fastest strava time on the older loop was 1 hr 7 minutes. My goal for this year is to get into the 1 hour 30-something minute range.

That 1:07 guy did a different loop.

Not that im paying attention...:)

I did half a loop this morning ( only Red, White & Blue out of the Canal) and cleared the cobwebs and even did a little TM (cleared a small tree that fell across the trail on Blue between the concrete bridge and the boardwalk across the swamp. Also cleared fallen log on the field that was half on the trail so it looked like people were riding around it instead of over it).

Trail conditions are excellent only a few really minor wet spots. The "worst" section (in quotes, because it wasn't even that bad) was the short section on the White Trail between the Jacques Ln parking lot and the open field that was a little slick. Once the sun hits it for a couple of hours, I'm sure it will be perfect. It was nice to get back out to Six Mile after months of staying away.

I really dig the re-route on the Blue Trail, especially the one big drop in. It will be really nice once some more tires get on it. Btw,I would like to get out and help on the TM days, could someone tell me where they post these please?

Go get some this weekend folks, it's going to be awesome.

^ you jogged my memory I forgot to mention that big tree down and leaning over the blue trail when you first enter the woods from the field. Not blocking the trail but will have to cut down at some point

Oh yeah, spent 6+ hours there today. I just couldn't stop :) As Rdoonz mentioned, just a few minor soft spots, but otherwise beautiful (and the fantastic weather today was icing on the cake). If you have a yearning for Six Mile Run, and didn't get there today, you'd better get there tomorrow before it gets soaked on Monday.

It has been great out there the last few days! Hope the rain tomorrow doesn't shut it down for too long. I'm finally getting my lungs back after a lazy winter.

Rick81721, we met, I was the guy next to you on that ridiculously long wait to cross south middle.

It has been great out there the last few days! Hope the rain tomorrow doesn't shut it down for too long. I'm finally getting my lungs back after a lazy winter.

Rick81721, we met, I was the guy next to you on that ridiculously long wait to cross south middle.

Nice meeting you Jonny. How'd you like my header on that log pile? :(

Giving some thought to adding a ride-around option to that new little 1/2 pipe we added on the blue trail

Being that I have only been out there on foot I was wondering how it rides??

Is a ride around needed??

Giving some thought to adding a ride-around option to that new little 1/2 pipe we added on the blue trail

Being that I have only been out there on foot I was wondering how it rides??

Is a ride around needed??

It is fine and gonna be even better but a ride-around option would keep the trails beginner-friendly

Definitely needed. I hiked it both ways this weekend. My 22 year old son will love it but not sure if I'll survive! Thanks!

Not sure it's going to survive an inch+ of rain tomorrow. I rode six mile today for the first time in a long time, it was pretty disappointing to see all of the ruts baked into the dirt. It was mostly confined to blue fortunately, but it seems no one can keep out of this place when it's too wet. Looks like it was bikers, hikers, and horses alike leaving their marks.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions