6 Mile Run Conditions

you know we could stop there and actually practice it until we find a line that works - rode with DG and he went to the left of the root and just kept chugging.

would say it depends on that wednesday rain - otherwise it should dry up in a couple days - it was in decent shape going into this one.

Was there on Sunday I said to myself when on the new part on blue was like a Indiana Jones thing. The roots and stumps with the half pipe, people standing looking down at the same time some folks trying to climb out. I kind of like it, I think my girlfriend will not. Yea, it might need a go around.

Lots of reports of dirtbikes on the trails lately. Give them hell if you see them.

I went and checked it out yesterday, things were still a little wet and some deep mud at the typical spots. But hopefully better today, ill be heading over there around 4ish.

6M was rated a 2 or lower yesterday, which is discouraging
which lot will be a better judge of overall conditions
will be dropping down a rating before 2PM if anyone is looking for it

Did a full loop out of the Canal Rd lot this evening. Most of the trails were in pretty good shape with some puddles and soft spots in the usual areas. There were 3 really bad areas on the Red Trail on the Rt 27 side, especially the open area where the pipeline runs. You could jump off the bike and hike around, but I would guess it probably won't be good until at least Sunday. If I head back out this weekend, I'll be sticking to Orange.
There were a few sizeable trees down that will require a chainsaw. There is a large tree down on the Red Trail between Canal Rd and White. There was also another smaller tree down on on the Red Trail about 1/2 mile in from Middlebush on the Rt. 27 side. There may have been others, but I was suckin' wind and suffering from some minor delirium as this was my first full loop of the season.

Side note: I'm usually get out pretty early in the morning and clear the cobwebs so I don't meet too many bikers when I ride. But it was a long week at work and I couldn't resist getting out there this afternoon. I ran into Rick in the parking lot at the end of the ride and we were talking for a few minutes. It was really nice to talk with another biker and I was mentioning how much I love the park. I just want to mention EVERY time I head out and ride over the bridges and boardwalks and TTF's I never take for granted how much work and love goes into this place. :D

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions