6 Mile Run Conditions

So I live in Williamstown, NJ which is quite south (about an hour and 20 minutes) of Six Mile Run, but for the last 2 weeks I have been working out of Edison on a system upgrade and that has put me 20 minutes from Six Mile. I've gotten there 3 times in the past week. What a great park! Thanks to the maintenance team, you guys and girls have done a terrific job.

If you go before we get rain, lead or wear a dust mask! I've never been so dirty on a ride were I didn't fall before.

What's the deal with the chicken wire fenced in area on the blue trail? Environmentally sensitive area?

If you go before we get rain, lead or wear a dust mask! I've never been so dirty on a ride were I didn't fall before.

What's the deal with the chicken wire fenced in area on the blue trail? Environmentally sensitive area?

I rode yesterday and when i was finished, my black bib shorts were orange from all the dust. it needs some rain there...

I believe that area you are talking about is a protected area from wildlife. I think they were trying to grow some plants there. Maybe it was the boy scouts doing it? I forget, its been there since last year, and when it was first put up, there was a sign on it, vaguely explaining what it was...

Its to show how much the dear eat. By keeping that section fenced in it will have much more ground cover andgroth cuz the dear don't eat it..... I thought it was a neat study last year. But I was there for the first time in a year wendsday. And it had 10x less growth than every thing else. I laughed.

And yeah the new bridge that goes to the concrete bridge is neat. But the blue trail is starting to encroach a bit.

Its to show how much the dear eat. By keeping that section fenced in it will have much more ground cover andgroth cuz the dear don't eat it..... I thought it was a neat study last year. But I was there for the first time in a year wendsday. And it had 10x less growth than every thing else. I laughed.

And yeah the new bridge that goes to the concrete bridge is neat. But the blue trail is starting to encroach a bit.

Blue trail is the next target for trimming. Will get to it soon with our power tools.

First time there Sunday, place is well maintained and did notice the weedwacked area. Great job.

Conditions were very good tonight but they say rain friday. Kudos to the weedwackers. I've never seen the white trail be so open. They were there working on Blue tonight too. Almost a full loop weedwacked now!

Conditions were very good tonight but they say rain friday. Kudos to the weedwackers. I've never seen the white trail be so open. They were there working on Blue tonight too. Almost a full loop weedwacked

Ran out of light.......3hrs tonight, need another 2hrs to complete the Blue trail. JORBA members at work.....make something happen before it does not happen.
Enjoy the ride....

We ran into this guy Saturday while he was cutting it... he is the man! Thanks again!

Thanks to you both for stopping and giving thanks this past Sat. You would be shocked how many people pass and have nothing to say. Even look upset that we are blocking their trail as we perform much needed trail work.

Yep! Went out late this afternoon, and it wasn't too bad. Most of the trails had dried out pretty well, although there were a few easily-avoidable puddles here and there.

Well I hit the trails up on Sat.. Theres going to be a lil work needed since some trees have fallen over a few spots on the trail.. there is one area on on far side of the park i think on blue.. Its the section where u can split or take a 1/4 mile longer route.. fallen tree with Poison Oak all over it dont even try to climb over it I did and now Im breakn out and itchin like crazzy... A group of fallen trees on the express route to avoid the twisties when heade back to rt 27 Lot... I think its Red... and also watch for low branches from a fallen tree when coming up to first road crossing when starting out at 27 lot.. Other then a few puddles trail was nice lil slick but not muddy at all.... But after today its surely going to need a few days to recover..

Well I hit the trails up on Sat.. Theres going to be a lil work needed since some trees have fallen over a few spots on the trail.. there is one area on on far side of the park i think on blue.. Its the section where u can split or take a 1/4 mile longer route.. fallen tree with Poison Oak all over it dont even try to climb over it I did and now Im breakn out and itchin like crazzy... A group of fallen trees on the express route to avoid the twisties when heade back to rt 27 Lot... I think its Red... and also watch for low branches from a fallen tree when coming up to first road crossing when starting out at 27 lot.. Other then a few puddles trail was nice lil slick but not muddy at all.... But after today its surely going to need a few days to recover..

^ Steer clear of the Poison tree!
Red, Orange and White were solid and nice and tacky. Blue was not bad but there were quite a few deeeep puddles.
Hit it before it's dusty again!

BTW, kudos to the weed wacker crew!
Awesome job!

Last edited:
PFFFFFTtt Shuda told me that before i climbed over it LMAO... Just got home from ER again..... I ended up getting a steroid shot, and a Benadryll that knocked me out .....Severe poison OAk, I think I am real sensitive to it i even tried Tecnu products but think it was too late

So def Stay away from that tree....

Kudos to the WeedWhacker guys we camre across on Thurs Night as well .... keep up the good work, Im going to see if i can get in there and clean those trees up tomorrow after Im done with some DR appts.. So if ya hear a chainsaw ya maight find me..

Last edited:
^ Steer clear of the Poison tree!
Red, Orange and White were solid and nice and tacky. Blue was not bad but there were quite a few deeeep puddles.
Hit it before it's dusty again!

BTW, kudos to the weed wacker crew!
Awesome job!

I second this!

Stopped at the downed tree... something told me to turn around!

So took the whole fam out today.... wife, kids and myself about 2pm on blue. Thanks to everyone that was out today for their patience with us slow asses. We had a great time. Thank you.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions