6 Mile Run Conditions

Rider beware. With the new jankyness of the concrete bridge it beat up my carbon rim and tire pretty good. Upon posting on fb several others have had issues there recently as well. Didn't really have a chance to inspect what caused the damage since I wanted to get out as quickly as possible since the stans did it job (barely) but may be worth taking it slower.
20230802_123410.jpg

Was there this morning and didn't notice anything different. Were you there later in the day, maybe something washed away.

Was there this morning and didn't notice anything different. Were you there later in the day, maybe something washed away.
I got there just before 11. Riding wise I didn't really notice much difference, but visually I saw it looked messier. Going out from the 27 lot was fine but blasting back withe some speed across the bridge towards 27 is what did it in. The Pic pat posted is exactly where the damage occurred.

I got there just before 11. Riding wise I didn't really notice much difference, but visually I saw it looked messier. Going out from the 27 lot was fine but blasting back withe some speed across the bridge towards 27 is what did it in. The Pic pat posted is exactly where the damage occurred.

Don't have any idea how I didn't notice that. In the zone I guess.

Rider beware. With the new jankyness of the concrete bridge it beat up my carbon rim and tire pretty good. Upon posting on fb several others have had issues there recently as well. Didn't really have a chance to inspect what caused the damage since I wanted to get out as quickly as possible since the stans did it job (barely) but may be worth taking it slower.
View attachment 220117
Also dinged my (alloy) wheels in a similar way over the concrete bridge last week. My sidewall started leaking and Stan's did not do its job in my case.

Couple weeks back i came across a rider stuck at the bridge with a bad flat after rolling over the janky concrete. He was running some thin casing xc tires and had a couple punctures where the sealant was outmatched. I gave him my plugs and a c02 so he could at least ride out to the nearest road for a pickup. Not sure he made it out alive...

Rode six mile a few nights ago. Conditions are good besides a few wet spots. The concrete bridge is looking a lot better.
This Sunday, there will be an Orbea Bikes demo at Jacques lane hosted by Halter's Cycles. They will have the Rallon, Wild e-bike, and Rise e-bike. To guarantee your bike, call Halter's Cycles at (609) 924-7433. Any leftover bikes will be available at a first come first serve basis.
There are two reservation slots.
Morining-9-12
Afternoon 1-3
This is a great way to try some new bikes on familiar trails and support a local shop!

1920x1005.jpg

Good news today. Met with the New Park Superintendent and she turned out to be super cool! Very big thanks to Ken Seebeck who joined me in the meeting to help with the big boy talk about insurance and all the rule following.

No promises yet, but we spoke at length about past and future trail work in the park.

I was fearful that a change of leadership might dampen our efforts for building fun stuff in the park, but fortunately we have a good track record and we are well liked (at least mostly) by the public at large.

Her concerns (which seem to mirror mine) were conflicts with other user groups in the park, litter, dumping of construction waste, poop bags, riders without helmets, electric and gas powered motorcycles and the various bridges in the park.

I will keep you posted as things develop.

🚵‍♂️

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions