6 Mile Run Conditions

dvaidya

Excellent condition on red/white trail today.

Edit: is it still ok to ride the NICA course? Today I stuck to the regular red/white because I did not want to trespass in case NICA course is off limits now.

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

Edit: is it still ok to ride the NICA course? Today I stuck to the regular red/white because I did not want to trespass in case NICA course is off limits now.

it is all public. i like that little jog off red that crosses the bridal path - we put that in last year (?), but not in time for the race, so it didn't get burned in.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG

Like Pat said, 100% public. We'd actually love it if people kept riding the course all year. The reality is that the passing sections between singletrack will grow in, as will the grass in the infield/start area.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I ran the brush hog on the 27 side for an hour and a half yesterday.

The park is getting pretty overgrown. Anyone who wants to volunteer time to trimming either with my machines or their own will be well received

Next up will be the blue trail.

Even if you bring a pair of hand loppers and cut back the multifloral rose which is overhanging into the trail.. These things will cut your arms of in a hurry

DM me if you’re motivated to make a difference

Attachments

• BD1B40B2-DAC1-4A02-9CE7-BE2CEB20ABCA.jpeg
    BD1B40B2-DAC1-4A02-9CE7-BE2CEB20ABCA.jpeg
    280.6 KB · Views: 124
  • 5B15CFEB-0B08-4F52-98FF-7119752EAB87.jpeg
    5B15CFEB-0B08-4F52-98FF-7119752EAB87.jpeg
    184.8 KB · Views: 124

Piston Honda

Just did soccer fields > red > orange. Typical puddles on red. Orange is peanut butter or puddles in the twisties. Ridable, but I think tomorrow will be better.

snashters

I ran the brush hog on the 27 side for an hour and a half yesterday.

The park is getting pretty overgrown. Anyone who wants to volunteer time to trimming either with my machines or their own will be well received

Next up will be the blue trail.

Even if you bring a pair of hand loppers and cut back the multifloral rose which is overhanging into the trail.. These things will cut your arms of in a hurry

DM me if you’re motivated to make a difference
I rode blue this evening & it looks like someone ran the brush hog on it since yesterday, thank you!

HWMTB

Was thinking about riding 6MR this evening (Tuesday, 6/14). Think conditions are OK after rain last Sunday?

Citytrikeguy

Will the 2022 NICA trails be added to Trailforks? If not does anyone have a file or map? I’m heading out there after work today 3:45

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Will the 2022 NICA trails be added to Trailforks? If not does anyone have a file or map? I’m heading out there after work today 3:45

The course is not on there. The trails are.

here is the course from @graveyardman67's strava

this is the trail that was added -

in addition it uses some of the bridal paths/fire breaks, which are not on trailforks, as they are not always cut down to usable.

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions