6-Mile Run 8/12/08 @ 6pm

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'd also publicly like to state that maybe instead of building so many easy as pie cheesy "north shore" sections 3-inches off the ground, they should've built some bridges over those stream crossings, I HATE riding with wet feet!! Who we gotta talk to over there? Jdog? ;)

-Jim.

You should ride Sourlands instead.

BiknBen

I'd also publicly like to state that maybe instead of building so many easy as pie cheesy "north shore" sections 3-inches off the ground, they should've built some bridges over those stream crossings, I HATE riding with wet feet!! Who we gotta talk to over there? Jdog? ;)

-Jim.

Did I miss you at the last couple TM sessions? :rolleyes:

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I'm gonna build a jump over it:D Seriously though, if loot is an issue, I'm sure it would be very easy to get funds elsewhere. It's only wood. I'm sure High Gear itself could raise the money without much trouble at all. Let's see what we need to do. Who do we have to talk to?

-Jim.

keithsly

I'm gonna build a jump over it:D Seriously though, if loot is an issue, I'm sure it would be very easy to get funds elsewhere. It's only wood. I'm sure High Gear itself could raise the money without much trouble at all. Let's see what we need to do. Who do we have to talk to?

-Jim.

I honestly don't really know if any County Park will allow for any "JUMPS" the risk the put in place in there parks are not worth it for one user group, and let's face it it's a multi purpose trail ..... and lets not forget about traffic goes both directions......

keithsly

One other thing.... The guys have done a hell of a job over at 6 mile run .... And I think it has a great mix of everything ...... Leave it alone !!

BiknBen

-Jim.

Trust us...it's cost prohibitive. Wetlands permitting, Impact studies, etc. all make this a big issue. All you need is one person to discover a turtle or salimander and it all goes to hell.

Because it is in a flood plain, the bridge would have to span much more than just the current banks of the creek. In a flood event, that whole area is under water. How are you with suspension bridge design? :rolleyes:

Keep in mind that the purpose of this effort would be to keep a few mountain biker's feet dry during a bike ride. Good luck with that. :rofl:

keithsly

How about a DRAW Bridge .... Now that would be cool... It could open for the frogs and lizards and such !!!

C

cwernecke05

guys those water crossings are one of the best parts of the ride. gettin wet and dirty are parts of mountain biking. you could put the bridge over the crossing so you could take your road bike on the trail

Madness

I agree wet feet suck for the rest of the ride after that crossing. But I mentioned this once before and got all the same responses. I have pretty much figured out that if you start on the 27 side and ride the full loop and leave the water crossing till the end of the Canal side, it's really not that bad. As far as wet shoes go, I pack my shoes with newspaper after my ride and by the next day my shoes are pretty much bone dry and I am ready to go all over again. I know that is not a bridge over troubled waters but those are the things that I do to combat the dreaded water crossing. MAybe it will help, maybe not........

keithsly

I vote for a jump.

Better yet can't you build an overpass which goes from Canal Road to Rt.27 completely passing over 6 Mile Run ??

As for wet feet ??? Aren't we MTBers... Tougher than Roadies ?? I guess not since this Roadier / Part Time MTBer doesn't mind wet feet understanding it may come with the game ??

C

cwernecke05

Better yet can't you build an overpass which goes from Canal Road to Rt.27 completely passing over 6 Mile Run ??

As for wet feet ??? Aren't we MTBers... Tougher than Roadies ?? I guess not since this Roadier / Part Time MTBer doesn't mind wet feet understanding it may come with the game ??

agreed

warcricket

Like a Jerk
keep in mind that the water level rises significantly in the colder months.

i used to bring plastic bags to cover my feet with while crossing when it was icy.

keithsly

So what do you girls do when have runs in your pantyhose ?? Come on your embarrassing yourself ....

Man up ....

Quote from the Urban Dictionary

1. Don't be a *****, brave it, be daring.
2. to fulfill your responsibilites as a man, despite your insecurities and constant ability to place yourself in embarrasing and un-manly scenarios.
3. Be strong

I think all apply to the wet feet rule !!

Wobbegong

Trust us...it's cost prohibitive. Wetlands permitting, Impact studies, etc. all make this a big issue. All you need is one person to discover a turtle or salimander and it all goes to hell.

The park staff estimated $80,000. Get used to wet feet.

Top Bottom