6-Mile Run 8/12/08 @ 6pm

The park staff estimated $80,000. Get used to wet feet.

Wow, that's crazy.

So what about the suggestion to run along the stream to the road and go around? I don't know the trails, just throwing shit on the wall and ignoring Mr. Balls-On-Sleeve up there.

80 grand you said? Shee-ot!! I guess you could technically stay on Middlebush from the go around at the first stream, it's not really that far and you'll still hit all the coolest singletrack.

-Jim.

PS-Keith, I don't respond to immature posts questioning a riders manhood so if you're looking for a rise you should try MTBR, you'll have a better shot there:D

Aren't we MTBers... Tougher than Roadies ??

This is just a stupid comment.

Wow, that's crazy.

So what about the suggestion to run along the stream to the road and go around? I don't know the trails, just throwing shit on the wall and ignoring Mr. Balls-On-Sleeve up there.

The whole area is really wet but maybe worth looking into and I know the J's explored other options but not sure if this was one of them.

if they were to build a bridge hopefuly they would put it in a place that would allow those of us who still want to ride through the water the opportunity to do so. i believe that is the point that keith is tryin to make, not everyone wants a bridge

80 grand you said? Shee-ot!! I guess you could technically stay on Middlebush from the go around at the first stream, it's not really that far and you'll still hit all the coolest singletrack.

-Jim.

PS-Keith, I don't respond to immature posts questioning a riders manhood so if you're looking for a rise you should try MTBR, you'll have a better shot there:D

Just having fun..... I mean if you can't laugh at yourself then you can't laugh !! I changed my avitar to reflect what I am ?? (No not a pecker) A trouble maker !! Haaaa Haaa Ha Ha....

Listen People!

I don't care that much for wet feet now, but WINTER, I DO.

For some reason I woke up this morning and I had an epiphany. I remember back when I first rode 6 mile last year I wandered a lot seeing if there were any secret trails people didn't want discovered so I tried to walk to the left at the water crossing before you go right, dip down and cross the water and to south middlebush. There is a semi small small clearing to the left so I walked back there to see if there was anything. But all I saw was wire fence that ran parallel to the stream but there is room between.

Proposal: Is it possible to clear a path there parallel to the water and wire fence to south middlebush road there? That way when winter comes around we ride the road to the south middlebush crossing (you'll only be on the road for like 50 meters) & no wet feet.

Just an idea. You fellas are doing a great job and I can't complain about anything but thought I might contribute to the thought process & I can't wait to come out and help in the fall!

Too much silly talk.

So what about the suggestion to run along the stream to the road and go around?

This has been investigated in the past. Jdog said it was not as easy as it seemed. I don't recall the specific issue.

Also, S. Middlebush is really narrow. Trees and shrubs come right out to the edge of the road. I don't think it is a good idea to divert trail users onto the road anyway. Yes it seems logical but it's not that simple.

The existing S. Middlebush crossing is dangerous already. Although I do see evidence that they are planning for some type of improvement (crosswalk?).

The park staff estimated $80,000. Get used to wet feet.

I'm glad you wrote that. I'm in the industry and knew the price tag would be much higher than most would expect. Wetlands and floodplains equal major expense. You are not gonna fund this from bike shops and couch cushions.

Those of us in the consulting engineering field have to make a living you know. :rofl:

This may have been covered before but even if the bridge is paid for and built, doesn't the area after the bridge (going away from the road) get boggy unless it's frozen? Maybe the lack of bridge will deter people from crossing the stream in the winter and therefore save the area beyond it a bit?

I don't mind crossing that stream but I actually take the red trail to the canal and loop back down the blue to that stream, turn around and do the whole thing backwards to get my 18-18mile out 'n' back. Perhaps tray that if you don't want to cross the stream.

I don't mind crossing that stream but I actually take the red trail to the canal and loop back down the blue to that stream, turn around and do the whole thing backwards to get my 18-18mile out 'n' back. Perhaps tray that if you don't want to cross the stream.

Do you guys know the RED TRAIL is a hiking ONLY trail ?? Blue trail is for MTBing !! :hmmm:

Mountain biking and getting wet

:confused: Come on it's water. I think I'll build a barge and charge a dollar each way to ferry hydro phobic riders.

Back
Top Bottom