6-Mile Run 8/12/08 @ 6pm

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I was over at 6-Mile yesterday on the CX bike and really had tons of fun since I haven't been there in a while:D Today I'll be heading over there on the MTB. Pace will I guess be on the quicker side, but my back, ribs, etc. are still jacked so I need to take it easier. Meet in the D&R side lot at 6pm if interested.

-Jim.

THATmanMANNY

Ummm if I can get out of trail running with the GF I'll be there haha.

Otherwise, I'll see you out there cause we're gonna trail run 6 mile weather dependent.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
This might have been possible for me, had I brought my bike to work this morning. Maybe next time.

THATmanMANNY

:mad2: She got me by the ball and chain. I have to run. See you out there.

Definately, want to ride 6 mile with you sometime cause I like to ride that place pretty quick and nonstop.

Steve Vai

I'm prolly going to end up back over there on Sunday morning if the crew is down. The pace went WAY up after we crossed Middlebush. There were sections
we went over 25mph, I sorta forgot just how fast you can go there, it's like a road ride with trees in the way:D

I'd also publicly like to state that maybe instead of building so many easy as pie cheesy "north shore" sections 3-inches off the ground, they should've built some bridges over those stream crossings, I HATE riding with wet feet!! Who we gotta talk to over there? Jdog? ;)

-Jim.

warcricket

Like a Jerk
I'm prolly going to end up back over there on Sunday morning if the crew is down. The pace went WAY up after we crossed Middlebush. There were sections
we went over 25mph, I sorta forgot just how fast you can go there, it's like a road ride with trees in the way:D

I'd also publicly like to state that maybe instead of building so many easy as pie cheesy "north shore" sections 3-inches off the ground, they should've built some bridges over those stream crossings, I HATE riding with wet feet!! Who we gotta talk to over there? Jdog? ;)

-Jim.

i live for cheesy north shore

Steve Vai

i live for cheesy north shore

I'm all for north shore, but not 3 inches off the ground and 2 feet wide. I have a rule of thumb when it comes to mountain bike stunts, you shouldn't be able to ride them on a cyclocross bike:D

-Jim.

Madness

Just a rule of thumb....... I tryed keeping up with Jim and his boy today and I have to say wow!!!!! I was averaging 14mph according to my Cateye and those guys were so far ahead of me it was insane. I purposly wanted to ride with Jim to see just what my skill level and legs would do and beleave me I was truely schooled. My idea of hammering through 6 mile is more like a tack hammer compaired to the sledge hammer Jim is swinging. Thanks for letting my tag along for the little bit of time that I did. I now know that I got a lot of work to do in order to keep up with the racers on the trails.

Also a very Big thanks for helping me with my little brake problem in the parking lot. I owe you a beer or taco or something next time.......

ArmyOfNone

listen mr. vreeland...we do the best with what we got. ok? :D:getsome:

I happen to like 3inch mounds considering my skills do not permit me to hit much more.

Wobbegong

We (Jdog and I) talked to the Park folks about a bridge here(Near Middlebush Rd.). This stream is classified as a sensitive area. It would require some serious permits and would have strict build code guidelines. In other words, very expensive. With the current state of our parks budget, it isnt happening anytime soon.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Why does everyone complain about that water crossing in the summer?? especially since I rode through it the other day and my right foot only got half wet. In the wintertime it sucks, but not enough to not ride through it.

With how high/deep that water crossing gets during heavy rain a bridge there is a major undertaking and far more work and money than all of the current bridges combined. Hopefully one day the park will step up though.

BiknBen

I purposly wanted to ride with Jim to see just what my skill level and legs would do and beleave me I was truely schooled. My idea of hammering through 6 mile is more like a tack hammer compaired to the sledge hammer Jim is swinging....I now know that I got a lot of work to do in order to keep up with the racers on the trails.

You gonna change that signature of yours now, right? *****! :p

BiknBen

Why does everyone complain about that water crossing in the summer?? especially since I rode through it the other day and my right foot only got half wet. In the wintertime it sucks, but not enough to not ride through it.

Riding with wet feet blows. That water crossing blows too. :mad2: Some of us have to wake up the next morning and put those same shoes on and ride. On a number of occasions, I have chosen to ride somewhere else simply because of that water crossing. I shouldn't have to bring my waders to a MTB ride. It's been very dry and that crossing is still hub deep. :mad2:

This is where the parks dept. is a PITA. They won't spend the money to do something and they won't let us do it on the cheap.

THATmanMANNY

crossing idea (no bridge)...

I don't care that much for wet feet now, but WINTER, I DO.

For some reason I woke up this morning and I had an epiphany. I remember back when I first rode 6 mile last year I wandered a lot seeing if there were any secret trails people didn't want discovered so I tried to walk to the left at the water crossing before you go right, dip down and cross the water and to south middlebush. There is a semi small small clearing to the left so I walked back there to see if there was anything. But all I saw was wire fence that ran parallel to the stream but there is room between.

Proposal: Is it possible to clear a path there parallel to the water and wire fence to south middlebush road there? That way when winter comes around we ride the road to the south middlebush crossing (you'll only be on the road for like 50 meters) & no wet feet.

Just an idea. You fellas are doing a great job and I can't complain about anything but thought I might contribute to the thought process & I can't wait to come out and help in the fall!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We (Jdog and I) talked to the Park folks about a bridge here(Near Middlebush Rd.). This stream is classified as a sensitive area. It would require some serious permits and would have strict build code guidelines. In other words, very expensive. With the current state of our parks budget, it isnt happening anytime soon.

Why don't you and Jay work a little with the park and see how much it would cost? Tell them you may be able to raise the money independently. Then we can use the site as a way to pony up the cash to try and get it done. I would throw in $100 of my own money to make it happen if it's for a good cause.

I know this state, however. Those of you who follow Rutgers Athletics know that the sports that were cut this year privately raised something like $3 million to keep them funded and the school turned down the money. I think at a level like this, you wouldn't get so much red tape. But I understand it's there.

Still, the offer is there. If you can get a number and the parks department to agree to it, I'll do my best to help raise the dough.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ive made that crossing before, but i couldn't convince my wife to do it. We had to turn around. :hmmm:

While it would be cool if there was a way to cross without getting wet, it is what it is...

Top Bottom