21-22 Ski/Snowboard thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ended up with a week between jobs. Meeting a friend at Sugarbush for a couple days up there. First time there. May only have 1 or 2 more days after this trip.

Not sure I paid off the Ikon pass by any large amount but I'd say I'm content with the value. Got me to some new mountains (Windham, Tremblant, Sugarbush) and some I hadn't been to in a few years (Killington, Stratton). If I can sneak in a week west annually it would be a no brainer.

We are here. Drove up this morning and got in a few hours. Today is day 12 on the pass. 13 & 14 will be the next 2 days then maybe 15 on Monday.

Look for us tomorrow.

Up to 9” of snow Saturday around Hunter, Windham and Plattekill. If you want a sick day on the slopes, I highly suggest you take the trip to Plattekill Sunday morning. You will not regret it.
Make sure you pre-purchase your tickets online or you will regret it.

Waiting to pull the trigger between Platty and Gore.

Make sure you pre-purchase your tickets online or you will regret it.

Waiting to pull the trigger between Platty and Gore.
Been watching the updates on Platty’s FB page. It’s been snowing consistently there for over a week. Plus they blow a shit ton at night. Plus plus they get lake effect snow often, unlike the other Catskill mountains. It’s also generally less crowded. It’s a small place with few amenities but totally worth a day trip.

Been watching the updates on Platty’s FB page. It’s been snowing consistently there for over a week. Plus they blow a shit ton at night. Plus plus they get lake effect snow often, unlike the other Catskill mountains. It’s also generally less crowded. It’s a small place with few amenities but totally worth a day trip.
Problem right now is that Platty really needs the snow to make it worth the drive. Not much open right now. If they get close to a foot it will be great. If they only get 6" bring the rock skis.

Problem right now is that Platty really needs the snow to make it worth the drive. Not much open right now. If they get close to a foot it will be great. If they only get 6" bring the rock skis.
They got a foot and are 100% open. Hope someone here is on the road, heading up there this morning! If it wasn’t my mom’s birthday today…

Last edited:
They got a foot and are 100% open. Hope someone here is on the road, heading up there this morning! If it wasn’t my mom’s birthday today…
Daylight savings plus a late night out and I just couldn't do it.

Even worse, this is what we're missing. (from nyskiblog.com)

20220313_084651.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom