21-22 Ski/Snowboard thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How was it?
Not that great. Sunrise was the best run by far I could find. Don't trust the Castle Rock area with newer skis. Just not enough coverage. Organgrider was a bad mix of nice plush/soft moguls, everything that was not - was sheer ice. I'll have to assume it was just over skiid

I really like Beaver Creek. I know the prices at that Ritz Carlton are ludicrous, but that may be the coolest spot for having a few after skiing.

Was the cowboy playing guitar by that big fireplace. Always so much fun.

I used to go here a lot when I had the Epic. I may need to switch back to that next year. I miss Vail, Stowe and Beaver Creek.
It was beautiful for sure... The restaurant / bar stuff at the mountain is generally lost on me.... In 6 days I spent exactly 0 dollars on food or drinks at the mountain... But absolutely beautiful place to sit outside and enjoy the sun

Not that great. Sunrise was the best run by far I could find. Don't trust the Castle Rock area with newer skis. Just not enough coverage. Organgrider was a bad mix of nice plush/soft moguls, everything that was not - was sheer ice. I'll have to assume it was just over skiid
Bummer. I was thinking it would be awesome.

My favorite place to sit and watch skiers is Squaw mid-mountain.
You can see the headwall and some of the rock drops. While the sun is above the rim,
it is warm and protected! Beer just tastes better there!
Damn, 20 years since the last tahoe trip.

What’s Indy?
All the smaller areas, but only 2 days at each.

What's everyone doing pass wise next year?

Thinking of doing Indy for the season and Ikon come spring to get a bit more value. Give me a whole summer to plan my winter trip west too.
Killington Beast Pass-(iKon base is included) and Epic pass. For Colorado/Lake Tahoe trips next season.

Just bought Ikon passes for me, my wife and my son.....

austin-powers-ouch.gif

Actually....thanks to my wife working 12 hour shifts dealing with covid patients, people throwing up on her, blood, guts, drunks, and kids trying to kill themselves....we got something like a $400 discount....well thanks dear!

Just bought Ikon passes for me, my wife and my son.....

austin-powers-ouch.gif

Actually....thanks to my wife working 12 hour shifts dealing with covid patients, people throwing up on her, blood, guts, drunks, and kids trying to kill themselves....we got something like a $400 discount....well thanks dear!
Being a NYC subway conductor is a noble profession. 😶

Ended up with a week between jobs. Meeting a friend at Sugarbush for a couple days up there. First time there. May only have 1 or 2 more days after this trip.

Not sure I paid off the Ikon pass by any large amount but I'd say I'm content with the value. Got me to some new mountains (Windham, Tremblant, Sugarbush) and some I hadn't been to in a few years (Killington, Stratton). If I can sneak in a week west annually it would be a no brainer.
I think it's a great pass option living in the NE.
Last year I was around $60 a day. This year its....$299 a day plus copays for PT 🦿🦿

Heal up bud. I saw you were already back on the bike, just taking it easy for now? Any time table on that?
Missing this season sucked for many reasons but "it is what it is". I keep telling myself that...
It was great to ride the other day, my calf has been really sore so maybe a bit ahead of myself. Should be riding on the regular starting in April.
Going to be at Killington (25th-27th) with friends, tailgating and making pizzas in the lot on Saturday if the weather cooperates.
Might take a run a two on Ramshead or Snowshed we'll see.

Missing this season sucked for many reasons but "it is what it is". I keep telling myself that...
It was great to ride the other day, my calf has been really sore so maybe a bit ahead of myself. Should be riding on the regular starting in April.
Going to be at Killington (25th-27th) with friends, tailgating and making pizzas in the lot on Saturday if the weather cooperates.
Might take a run a two on Ramshead or Snowshed we'll see.
If i could pick any ski season to miss on the east coast in recent memory it would be the 21-22 season by a landslide ! Get em next season . Which lot? I'll stop by with some fresh brews

Reactions: don
Up to 9” of snow Saturday around Hunter, Windham and Plattekill. If you want a sick day on the slopes, I highly suggest you take the trip to Plattekill Sunday morning. You will not regret it.

Reactions: don
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom