2020 gravity season

My son's video:
Start at 2:16 bombing down crap chute ski trail...Into step up...right after the step up is the step down.

Hell yeah - your son can ride! Crazy how "light" he sounds when riding. Super stylish too. He hits a lot of tricky stuff very well: hitting the triple step on Crapshoot all the way to the right, that skipper before the berm into the right hip and those 2 last tables (where that guy was rolling them). That first one is a mind-f**k for me. It shows how confident and good of a rider you are when you can talk as you are hitting stuff.

Love his commentary about Phantom Drop how it sucks and it's a drop to flat, so true!

When I've cleared the step-down I always say to myself, "why are you sketched out by that?" but I think it's because the run-up to it is kinda blind and add in the fact I rarely get to Creek and therefore rarely ride it and the jump gets into my head.

Sadly, as everything in life starts to play out, it's looking like I won't really have a gravity season in 2020...

I think the fact that the step down is at the end of a berm makes it tricky. And if it's dry and dusty even harder. I visually aim for the corner of the berm/lip and push off to transfer left.

Hell yeah - your son can ride! Crazy how "light" he sounds when riding. Super stylish too. He hits a lot of tricky stuff very well: hitting the triple step on Crapshoot all the way to the right, that skipper before the berm into the right hip and those 2 last tables (where that guy was rolling them). That first one is a mind-f**k for me. It shows how confident and good of a rider you are when you can talk as you are hitting stuff.

Love his commentary about Phantom Drop how it sucks and it's a drop to flat, so true!
That boy's video is like watching mine in 8x FFD speed. 😄

I think the fact that the step down is at the end of a berm makes it tricky. And if it's dry and dusty even harder. I visually aim for the corner of the berm/lip and push off to transfer left.
True. Not helped by me sucking at carrying speed through berms.

Reactions: don

Yeah, at 13 he has surpassed his pops. He’s great at the commentary while riding...I call him mini Claudio Calouri LOL. He’s been posting up a video a week for a few months now. Check out some of the others.

Yeah, at 13 he has surpassed his pops. He’s great at the commentary while riding...I call him mini Claudio Calouri LOL. He’s been posting up a video a week for a few months now. Check out some of the others.

Yup. Watched the Cady Hill one again this morning. Currently in The Stowe Inn...

See he started labeling the videos, awesome! His friends he was riding with at Killington could absolutely shred too holy hell. Pass on praise! So good.

Yup. Watched the Cady Hill one again this morning. Currently in The Stowe Inn...

We were up at the house last week. Trail conditions were really good. Rode Florence 3x one day as I couldn't get enough of those berms 🤤

Enjoy and make sure to hit up Hardy's Haul to Kimmers another well built trail.

LOL the first time I went to Mt. Creek the thing I remember most about it was how scary it was flying down that part of the ski slope towards that step up on all that loose rock with the bike bouncing all over the place...didn't even come close to clearing it! 🤣
I watched a highly skilled (pro i believe) rider wash out on the gravel. Ended up with a lot of injuries.

• Sad
A
I watched a highly skilled (pro i believe) rider wash out on the gravel. Ended up with a lot of injuries.
Also, the only time to possibly clear it for any regulars was after the big DH race. Even then you could just go as fast as you wanted into it.

We were up at the house last week. Trail conditions were really good. Rode Florence 3x one day as I couldn't get enough of those berms 🤤

Enjoy and make sure to hit up Hardy's Haul to Kimmers another well built trail.

Damn dude, great suggestion

Hit it early morning with my stepson. This loop was a great way to start the day. Feel free to make recommendations on all my vacations going forward. Thanks!

Damn dude, great suggestion

Hit it early morning with my stepson. This loop was a great way to start the day. Feel free to make recommendations on all my vacations going forward. Thanks!

Nice! I love that trail and actually got to see Hardy Avery and JD (and another dude I can't remember his name - Brooks maybe) starting the trail cut on lower Kimmer's years ago.

If you are still there and try the Sterling Forest area. I actually haven't ridden that zone but did a TM with the Stowe Mtn Bike guys years ago in that area. I have ridden the Pick-A-View run (although it's been years) Climb up Catamount, do Peek-A-View and then Lauren's Loop down - I used to ride that area a ton in the 90's.

Also the Waterbury Reservoir is supposed to have a newer trail built by the same guy that did Florence. I heard it's short but pretty good. Next time I'm up there I'm planning to do that and then hit Ben&Jerry's 🤤 ;)

Is there anywhere else to rent a DH bike other than Creek themselves? I ride an XL and thier XL is out of commission and i'd still like to try one out for that experience one time.

Is there anywhere else to rent a DH bike other than Creek themselves? I ride an XL and thier XL is out of commission and i'd still like to try one out for that experience one time.

Have you tried Ridetopia? Never have myself and not even sure if still open.

You ride an XL in what? A trail or cross country bike? If so you probably won't notice too much of a difference on a size large downhill bike since there geometry is pretty crazy to begin with. The bike will probably just feel a bit shorter and more lively kinda perfect for a bike park. You're going to be standing on the pedals in the attack position 95% of the time so not much sitting an pedaling. The main thing I would do with a rental is make sure the shop helps you get the sag and shock settings set up right before you ride. People screw around with all that stuff on the rental bikes and they can be pretty out of wack when you get them and the bike will ride horribly.

You ride an XL in what? A trail or cross country bike? If so you probably won't notice too much of a difference on a size large downhill bike since there geometry is pretty crazy to begin with. The bike will probably just feel a bit shorter and more lively kinda perfect for a bike park. You're going to be standing on the pedals in the attack position 95% of the time so not much sitting an pedaling. The main thing I would do with a rental is make sure the shop helps you get the sag and shock settings set up right before you ride. People screw around with all that stuff on the rental bikes and they can be pretty out of wack when you get them and the bike will ride horribly.
Eh. I owned a large trek session when I should've been on an XL. Wayyy too small as I was hitting my knees on the handlebars when I was sitting, pedaling and turning. I did not feel centered at all. Then again the XL trek is 20.5.

Back
Top Bottom