2020 gravity season

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
So Blue Mtn is opening 5/16 but only to season pass holders. Just saw this on FB:

Blue Mountain Resort will be opening the Bike Park May 16th & 17th for Season Passholders ONLY! We value the health of our guests, and employees, and will be phasing our opening to encourage distancing and ease back into the “new normal” COVID-19 world. Opening for pass holders only is the fairest and safest way for us to comply with what we have identified as our distancing capacity. There will be no day tickets, or rentals, sold on opening weekend. We will re-evaluate day tickets moving forward after opening weekend.

➡ PLEASE REVIEW OUR NEW POLICIES BEFORE COMING TO BLUE MOUNTAIN: https://www.skibluemt.com/…/mountain-…/covid-19-precautions/
➡ We look forward to providing outdoor adventure in a safe environment and are excited to say, WE'LL SEE YOU ON THE MOUNTAIN!

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone else been watching classic Chainsaw runs all weekend? Dude could fucking shred...

and now I really want to ride some DH.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Yes!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200511-184102_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200511-184102_Facebook.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 128

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
Blue Mountain posted today that they cannot open until June 4th now and it will still be season passes only

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Well hell yeah well have 7 races! World cup season will start sept 5. See the piece on vital. I'm crushed theres no MSA race (especially as we were going again) but I'm thrilled theres a world cup season and world champs!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200515-120501_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200515-120501_Facebook.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 85

JonF

I visited Creek for the first time ever and had a blast. They didn't have a rental for me so i had to make due with my trail bike. It was mostly ok as i stuck to less technical trails but did try everything from mild to wild. Really have no aerial skills so all the tables were a blessing. If they get the XL rental back online i'll grab that next time, i think it would really help smooth things out over my Ibis.

I think my fav trail of the day was Crap Chute. Great mix of speed, jumps, berms and rocks all in one. As usual i made a video. :D

FastFreddy

If you still have control of your bowels before you hit the step up then you aren’t going fast enough.

LOL the first time I went to Mt. Creek the thing I remember most about it was how scary it was flying down that part of the ski slope towards that step up on all that loose rock with the bike bouncing all over the place...didn't even come close to clearing it! 🤣

Reactions: don

ebarker9

garmin says im doing about 33mph hitting that... scarey

I've always been curious what the actual speed is on the run-up. Of course, my approach is to go tearing down the ski slope and then either brake check hard and plop down in the depression way before the transition or otherwise say "screw it" and just continue down the ski slope and skip that section.

Ian F

That reminds me of the last step-up jump on Gronk at Thunder. My friends complain they never seem to clear it. I told them you have to hit it with as much speed as you can get - more than you think you need. But since you're jumping up to a ski-slope flat landing, there really is no such thing as "over-jumping" it.

It's been years since I've attempted the one at Creek (and I'm sure it's been rebuilt since), but I do remember it being similar. The step-down on the other side is the one I always get a mental block on. I've maybe cleared it two or three times, but most of the time I feel like I don't have enough speed and roll it.

ebarker9

The step up at Creek has gone through a few iterations. I'd say it currently has more of a lip than it used to and is more intimidating than the earlier iterations, even if it's not any harder to ride. The step down feels like it's gone the other way. Seems to be more idiot-proof although I'm a coward and roll it anyway.

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
It's been a few years since i've been to Creek too but i remember the step down being very easy to clear - even if you completely case or roll the step up.

Ian F

When I've cleared the step-down I always say to myself, "why are you sketched out by that?" but I think it's because the run-up to it is kinda blind and add in the fact I rarely get to Creek and therefore rarely ride it and the jump gets into my head.

Sadly, as everything in life starts to play out, it's looking like I won't really have a gravity season in 2020...

Reactions: don
Top Bottom