2020 gravity season

I think I will be building my big bike back up for this season. Just to be silly.
I have intentions of that as well. HB is doing a complete teardown/pivots/suspension service on it as we speak. Now if the social calendar will just allow me some DH days...

Depending on how my work plans pan out, I could be spending a fair amount of time at Thunder and Killington this year.

...unless I decide to "adult" in which case I'll barely be on a mtn bike at all in 2020 and will be renovating my house.

Want the former, but the latter is more likely. :(

My "big bike" has been replaced by the Megatower. Which is actually bigger than any of my previous DH bikes, although a bike less in the travel dept.

i'm hoping to ride mtn creek a bunch this year, maybe a season pass. last year i did 2 triple play passes. Only problem is my hands would KILL me during and after riding there. The braking bumps were pretty terrible last year
no brake bumps if you stay in the gnar.

Braking bumps on the popular trails are just part of the game at Creek, but if your hands hurt that much, something isnt right about your set up.

Braking bumps on the popular trails are just part of the game at Creek, but if your hands hurt that much, something isnt right about your set up.
I have an issue with "death-grip" when things get intense. Its not a problem on normal trails but when you are doing 15+ back to back runs in the bike park it takes a toll on the hands. I've been working on not gripping so hard.

I have an issue with "death-grip" when things get intense. Its not a problem on normal trails but when you are doing 15+ back to back runs in the bike park it takes a toll on the hands. I've been working on not gripping so hard.
death grip will get you but a lot of it really is the chatter on certain trails. If you ride Alpine, Domboo. or Greenhorn anytime other than a week it has been freshly groomed, you're gonna feel it. People will spend an entire day there and only ride those three trails (and maybe breakout) which make up like maybe 5% of the park. I'll ride for a few hours with no issues then one run down those and my hands start screaming.

I've got a season pass to creek this coming year. But hey can we do separate threads for world cup races and for creek misc/group rides/local stuff?

Quickly became one of my favorite youtube channels, Gee Milner Dream Build.
Something about fresh new bike build and transient music makes it almost therapeutic.
Latest is UNNO Ever, cast it to your big screen.

Back
Top Bottom