UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So couple more week, little more tweaking. Really got this bike dialed in now. I was really enjoying it at this weeks short track now that we are using the more technical line....However, Saturday...I took it to wildcat for the first time...This is where I was most impressed. I hit up a few technical lines with it...There is just such a substantial difference in how much more comfortable I feel on it in technical stuff. With my old scalpel, I feel i always have to be aware of what hole I might drop the front wheel in....This bike, i feel like im on my trigger. This is not the hardest line (oreland trail) but it was one that I always disliked doing on my old bike.

iqk34Ay.jpg

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have a KS LEV Integra carbon dropper seatpost that I have taken off my Canyon Lux...but it is 30,9mm diameter

Would you guys think it is safe to use an aluminum shim [30,9 - 31,6] like in the link below in order to use this seatpost in my new Scalpel Si?

http://www.ultimateuse.com/use-components/accessories/309mm-id-shims
If you ever read the safety on any dropper, they always say do no use with shims. The problem I have with adapters and shims is that it doesn't run the entire length of the shaft, so you're talking about more flex forces and rocking over only a few inches of contact. I did use shims for a Thomson post once so I didn't have to buy another one, but I got two shims and cut the lip off of the lower one to slip it onto the end the post for more contact area. This was on an aluminum bike though so probably much safer to do so. If you really want to use it, I'd at least do something like that, otherwise I'd recommend trying to put it up on here or Pinkbike as a trade for the proper sized dropper.

guidodg

Ok, I shimmed it with the 100mm long USE shim and it all seems to fit together very nicely...I cannot foresee any problems.

I used a lot of grease to avoid corrosion and made a nice boot around the seatpost collar using a piece of MTB tube so that no water can get in....love this Scalpel Si now!

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
First SS SI?

This actually worked better than on my old scalpel for whatever reason. Now, finally, this dual lockout isnt useless....actually quite nice when you are forced to stand and pedal.
20170511_063605.jpg

Top Bottom