Dear PETA: Please die!!

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I have been a vegetarian for almost 15 years now and this is just crazy. Stupid crap like this takes away from some of the good that PETA does.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
f^ck PETA. peta used to be respectable to me, now its just another celebrity "cause". id rather support people that are actually doing something for the good of animals like the animal defense league or the animal liberation front. granted the latter of the two does a lot of illegal operations to help out animals, but at least they arent bullshit.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Is it any crazier than showing up at Oscar Meyer weiner mobile events with photos of pigs hanging on hooks to show kids where their hot dogs come from? Peta has been solid proponents of the "reach far to receive a little" philosophy for some or all of its existence. They're outrageous in some of their tactics, but their cause is a good one. Sadly I don't think simply educating people on the realities will get much accomplished.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
These kids are enjoying ordinary treats from Ben & Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream, but the Virginia-based nonprofit group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants the famous company to consider using human breast milk instead of cow's milk in their products.

:rofl: u gotta be f-ing kidding me.....:rofl:

then the PETNM (People for the Ethical Treatment of Nursing Moms) will come along and what's next?!?!?!?!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Two girls one cup, that one was animal friendly.

Wow, well done. Exactly 1 hour to bring this thread full circle, jump the shark, and kill the baby seal with the shark-jump landing. I'll buy you a beer tomorrow for such efficiency.

BiknBen

May I ask where all this human breast milk is going to come from?

I'm going to open a human breast milk farm. I'll gather a few hundred women into a barn and let them gorge on food all day. Then I'll hook their breasts up to a milk collection system. That shouldn't disturb to many human rights groups. :rolleyes:

FFT

Gay & Stuffy

I'm going to open a human breast milk farm. I'll gather a few hundred women into a barn and let them gorge on food all day. Then I'll hook their breasts up to a milk collection system. That shouldn't disturb to many human rights groups. :rolleyes:

I'm a little more picky when it comes to human breasts, especially when they are delivering milk. It would seem that the younger and firmer the breast, the better the milk, right?:confused: Instead of picture of missing children on milk cartons thr could provide a picture of the donor - Maybe PETA is onto a good thing after all!!

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
By expressing outrage at this headline-grabbing publicity stunt from PETA, you're actually giving them what they want. I would have never read this story had no one started this thread expressing their anger.

By getting mad at them, you're playing into their hands and legitimizing them. The best thing to do is to treat them as what they are- a self-promoting non-factor with no influence on public policy and no political power- and ignore them.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
By expressing outrage at this headline-grabbing publicity stunt from PETA, you're actually giving them what they want. I would have never read this story had no one started this thread expressing their anger.

By getting mad at them, you're playing into their hands and legitimizing them. The best thing to do is to treat them as what they are- a self-promoting non-factor with no influence on public policy and no political power- and ignore them.

I agree with what you are saying, with one exception. Calling attention to things like this proposal shows what a complete joke PETA is. I mean people have been passing this to me via email all morning, not with outrage, but to laugh at it. Which 99% of the time is the same reaction I have to any of PETA's proposals.

kimrey

These kids are enjoying ordinary treats from Ben & Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream, but the Virginia-based nonprofit group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants the famous company to consider using human breast milk instead of cow's milk in their products.

:rofl: u gotta be f-ing kidding me.....:rofl:

then the PETNM (People for the Ethical Treatment of Nursing Moms) will come along and what's next?!?!?!?!
I think the next step for PETA if they accomplished this goal would be to push for canibalism. Because really if humans want to eat meat, they should eat human meat and leave the rest of the poor animals alone. It's the only humane thing to do. Soylent Green FTW. Of course that could be bad for PETA because I imagine a bunch of folks would be clubbing PETA members.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
but I do like some of their ads....

peta_charlotte_ross_h.jpg

kush

MATRIX - style ;)

mtnbiker5

Peta

I'm laughing and puking at the same time over that article. WTF?! Retarded. I think they should get out and ride today in the rain instead of pushing this crap around. Coming from MSNBC? That pretty much sums it up.

Frank

Sasquatch
I think FFTyres is being too critical. Why don't you and I go out to lunch for a burger and a milkshake.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom