Goddamn Chiggers!!!

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
i am assuming thats what i got after doing a little research online and whatnot. im also assuming i got em at jorbafest becaseu mike243 said the other day when we were riding that he thinks he got em. SO ITCHY!!!!:mad2::mad2::mad2:

kimrey

Chigger please! Yeah, there were a lot of bugs there.

I've had them before. They suck.

I got poison ivy at the fest. I can't wait for cold weather so I can wear full sleeves and long pants without dying.

The Kalmyk

Dude I hate those little bitches....Put lice shampoo on your legs dry and let it sit for 5 or 10 minutes....Jump in shower and rinse off....Good thing is they don't jump from person to person....They stay on the host and won't leave till they die or are killed off....Yup I've had em before:mad2:

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Mike and MIG - You got them at Allaire no doubt. I dont think any of the northern parks even have them. I have had the worst chiggers in recent memory this year all from Allaire.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
Mike and MIG - You got them at Allaire no doubt. I dont think any of the northern parks even have them. I have had the worst chiggers in recent memory this year all from Allaire.

nah see we got bumps at the same time 2 days after riding the mooch. hmmmmm

gtluke

The Moped
alright thank god you posted this otherwise i would have gone crazy trying to figure this out. my sock line and under my knees have been itching like crazy for a few days!
ARG
i must have got them at the jungle on sunday. holy crap its annoying.

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
Chiggers live in tall grass, not rocky mountainous areas. If you ride Allaire and cross hospital road at the snow-fence, over the street, over the dirt hump, into the tall grass(by the care center), you are in the most Chigger infested spot on earth.

The only cure is time, scatching, and some chigger-x. If anyone is unclear about the spot I speek of just raise your voice and I will throw up a little map.

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
My arms, and behind my right knee, are just now starting to heal after the TM at 6mile. Building a new trail with a lawn mower, and weed whacker left me with poison ivy and chiggers.......ah yes,.. good times,.. good times. Glad it wasn't too hot that day.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I think I got them there or on the coke trail the funny part ( and I am dooming myself now )
mine don't itch at all just a bunch of little red dots on my ankles and the back of me knees..
I think the Jim+Val alcohol works on the outside of course I also think alighting the infected area on fire works also... :)
so who is down for a ride sunday? it will mosy likely be a beginner as Nick C. aka PIPER69 is going to be back...:)

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
I'm cool wit' dat. (the ride, that is. i hate them little Chigger f'rs.)

Last edited:

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Thinking even if Nick don't show I will end up clearing the trails from the storm (less than more) :) plus the new trail just rocks.....:) we should post up Sat... after we see what the weather does...Frank??? you there..

gtluke

The Moped
Chiggers live in tall grass, not rocky mountainous areas. If you ride Allaire and cross hospital road at the snow-fence, over the street, over the dirt hump, into the tall grass(by the care center), you are in the most Chigger infested spot on earth.

The only cure is time, scatching, and some chigger-x. If anyone is unclear about the spot I speek of just raise your voice and I will throw up a little map.

well, i have chigger bites all over my ankles and i've never ridden south of the NJ mason dixon line (towns with wawas)
i definitely got them at the jungle.

bikeboy566

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
i am assuming thats what i got after doing a little research online and whatnot. im also assuming i got em at jorbafest becaseu mike243 said the other day when we were riding that he thinks he got em. SO ITCHY!!!!:mad2::mad2::mad2:

Dude f- them lil basterd i had them on both my legs and up my back side to my lower back, i went to a derm. doc, and he gave me some lotion that you can get over the counter Sarnac its called Pathmart has in EB it really helps with the iching. sorry to any and all that get them its not fun at all.The only place i get them at is at 6ml its not poison ivy its chiggers cause i know theres lots of PI there too.

Last edited:

Frank

Sasquatch
well, i have chigger bites all over my ankles and i've never ridden south of the NJ mason dixon line (towns with wawas)
i definitely got them at the jungle.

chiggers are moving north with the Killer Bees....
I feel for ya man...chiggers will ruin your day.

dualfisted

yo MIG n Mike

I think those be hometown Allaire chiggers u gots. Don't be claiming North NJ import chiggers to be all fancy pants. Two days after the mooch, we all went on a 501ers ride (I'm pretty sure) at which time, I got MORE chiggers. Allaire has been evil with them this year, this is my first year ever having them, and I lived in the South for a decade.
That article referenced in an earlier post was very interesting.

Top Bottom