Campmor H2H Ringwood Fall Classic Race 9/7

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
The next three races of the Campmor H2H Serires should be real fun for those looking for technical challenge. Schedule here:

http://h2hrace.com/

Next up is the Campmor H2H Series Ringwood Fall Classic on Sep 7. I will be marking the course late Friday, and should have it ready for pre-ride on Saturday. Before then, use the race map from here:

http://www.rvccmtb.com/

RVCC will be giving away a FREE 20th Anniversary T-shirt to the first 175 racers to pre-register. Please note that registration is only open until 5pm on Friday.
:)

kush

thanks

thanks pixy.

i rode ringwood last saturday, had the map, but for sure didn't quite get the exact layout.

question - there were some pretty technical steep, highly rocky singltrack switchbacks - are those going to be part of hte course, and if so, will the direction be up or down?

many thanks

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
question - there were some pretty technical steep, highly rocky singltrack switchbacks - are those going to be part of hte course, and if so, will the direction be up or down?

Up and up and up. Not going to be easy for anyone.

J

jhollens

Kush,

I had a chance to ride the race course Sunday morning with VelocityBoy. The section of the race course that we kept missing on Saturday was the Blueberry Trail, and the Poison Ivy trail. These trails also include some nice technical, rocky uphill climbs. If you get a chance try them out. Looks like VB and some others may be pre-ridding tomorrow night @ 6:00 if your interested. I may also join if I can get out of work on time.

jim

kush

Kush,

I had a chance to ride the race course Sunday morning with VelocityBoy. The section of the race course that we kept missing on Saturday was the Blueberry Trail, and the Poison Ivy trail. These trails also include some nice technical, rocky uphill climbs. If you get a chance try them out. Looks like VB and some others may be pre-ridding tomorrow night @ 6:00 if your interested. I may also join if I can get out of work on time.

jim

Hi Jim

My wife's b-day tomorrow .... no can do

How about Saturday AM for a light pre-ride?

ilya

BiknBen

Woohoo, I'm getting a free t-shirt. :p

And I was able to follow the map and ride the course on Saturday. :p:p:p

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
What about on a 41lb freeride bike with flat pedals, do-able? :hmmm: :D

I've seen it done before.:D

My ability to make it up both series of switchbacks are directly linked to the size of the combustible engine attached to my bike. Big engine: good chances. Small or no engine: Not so good.

J

jhollens

Hi Jim

My wife's b-day tomorrow .... no can do

How about Saturday AM for a light pre-ride?

ilya

Ilya,

I won't be able to make it on Saturday. I'll see you at the race on Sunday.

jim

BiknBen

How do you know if you are within the registers to get the shirt?

Go to the BikeReg page and select the link to see the confirmed riders. There is a total number or pre-reg'd riders at the bottom. I believe I was number 38.

BiknBen

i'll be there with two friends who will both be doing their first race.

Make sure they bring their snorkels. :rofl:

hana.jpg

xc62701

I think I'm going to err on the side of my body and not race Rwood as much as I'd love to. I need to chill and enjoy just ridin for a few weeks.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I like the Ringwood race so much I just registered twice!! Bikereg glitched and just double-charged me. HELP!!!:D

-Jim.

RNG1

I like the Ringwood race so much I just registered twice!! Bikereg glitched and just double-charged me. HELP!!!:D

-Jim.

I saw that and thought that given you were so hardcore you were going to do it twice.:) I am sure if you contact Bikereg they'll straighten it out.

Top Bottom