Campmor H2H Ringwood Fall Classic Race 9/7

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Jim, I only ever rode the course for the race, so im not very familar, but I think it was in the "experts/sport only" loop. They were somewhat after the one huge puddle if I remember correctly. There were a couple of rock ledges that I remember jumping off of that I felt would have exploded my crappy raliegh hard tail. Anyone know the spots im talking about?

ebarker9

There was a small drop at one point in the beginner/sport loop maybe 2/3-3/4 of the way into the lap. At least, I think that's about where it was. The whole thing was kind of a blur.

6thElement

You didn't have to hit them, but there were a few small drops on the sport/export section of the course. Not that I ever look for that sort of thing when I'm on a race course.

/whistles nonchalently

NJMX835

To the rvcc guys & gals, thanks for a great race!

This is my 3rd time doing this race & I have a better time every year than I did the last, you guys put on a great event & the folks I competing against made it a great time as well (despite the fact I was sure I was about to die climbing the second set of switchbacks, lol :drooling:)

Up until now this has been the only XC race I do every year, but I had such a good time I think I'm going to do the remaining two H2H races. :)

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You didn't have to hit them, but there were a few small drops on the sport/export section of the course. Not that I ever look for that sort of thing when I'm on a race course.

/whistles nonchalently

no your right, you could have gone around them. It would have slowed someone down to do so though. like ebarker said, it was kinda of a blur. I just remember landing hard enough to think that if I was on my HT, that might have hurt.

BiknBen

There were a few nice drop offs that made me glad I left the DHX 5 shock on my bike.

Vreeland said:

On the extended Expert/Sport portion of the loop. There was a section where the trail splits. While the trail use indicates that most people stay right, the trees open up to the left. Staying to the left will send you over a 2-3 foot ledge.

In a previous race, I went over it screaming, "holly sh!t" until I landed. It's not that bad but it was unexpected so I was more than a little surprised. :eek:

It's near the area labeled "Air Field" on this map.
RingwoodSept08.jpg

Glancing Aft

There was a section where the trail splits. While the trail use indicates that most people stay right, the trees open up to the left. Staying to the left will send you over a 2-3 foot ledge.

In a previous race, I went over it screaming, "holly sh!t" until I landed. It's not that bad but it was unexpected so I was more than a little surprised. :eek:

Nothing to be scared of. As I said before I used to drop off of those with my rigid huffy when I was a kid. They are a lot of fun though :D

JohnA

Any word on how Felipe is, the rider that crashed hard? I hope he is OK he is really an awesome rider. Get well bro..

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
cool, im glad to see im not insane and they really were there, I was getting a bit light headed towards the end. Ya they weren't huge, but I had never been through there and came up on them at full speed. Really fun, in fact I cant wait go back and run that whole section again. Best part of the course I thought.

Top Bottom