Studly

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Every year I wish I had a set of studded tires.

I had a set but I sold them since I only ride them a few times a year.

I got a call yesterday from the guy who I sold my old set to, he said he was riding on carnagie lake in Princeton.

We are going to see inches of rain in central NJ over the very frozen ground. Then it is going to get very cold.

Ice capades anyone?

yuk.

j

Last edited:

bobkennelly

Ice

Yo Jay,

My 2.3 Ritchey Z-Max tires finally blew up two winters ago,had about 200 3/8 x 8 pan heads in them, with Mr. Tuffy tire liners as well, always wanted the Nokian 303's, but at a 100.00 dollars each, I will wait a few days...
Maybe by Sunday Alaire will be ready...

BobKe.

Molasses

In the same boat- bought'em and never used them much- much less now that my daughter loves to be pulled in her sled!

If you want make me an offer on the ones I got up for grabs the upcoming weather is what they were made for!

bobkennelly

Ice, lots of, Monmouth county

We got hit hard in middletown area, I had no electric for about 12 hours yesterday, house temp. was down to 50 degrees when the heat came back on at midnight.
So, the ground is frozon solid with a slight layer of snow on it, I rode my mtn bike around on my back yard, did not sink in, got good traction actually, so we might have shot this weekend at alaire.If not a local park in some open fields perhaps.

Bobke.

jdog

Shop Keep
They saw 59" at jay Peak Vt in the last 24hrs.

Too bad my trip isn't untill next Friday...

j:mad:

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
So, the ground is frozon solid with a slight layer of snow on it, I rode my mtn bike around on my back yard, did not sink in, got good traction actually, so we might have shot this weekend at Allaire.
Already thinking the same thing.

We were w/o power as well, but not as long as you. Ours came back on just before sundown.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm definitely looking to get out this weekend as well. Don't know how well it will play out but should be interesting either way. I highly doubt my tracks will be the first set wherever I end up riding.

jdog

Shop Keep
Already thinking the same thing.

We were w/o power as well, but not as long as you. Ours came back on just before sundown.

Chuck E just called and said he was on he way out to Allaire about an hour ago.

He said that there was zero snow on the ground there.

j

bobkennelly

Alaire Saturday

There is a good chance of that for me, since I have not been on a bike since Tuesday, and that was a cold ride in NYC..I am off of work on Monday too..

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Sounds good...

Sat at 9?? I will skip out of work.

j
I'd likely be down for this. Let's wait for Chuck's post-ride report for today.

I really need to ride my road bike, though, so I'm gonna have to wait and see.

A big gang of knuckleheads at Allaire is hard to resist.

bobkennelly

Knucleheads

I think its going to be too cold for your road bike, when I was out on my lunch hour ride on Tuesday, it was 25 degrees, I was pretty miserble. The weather is showing a chance of more snow for Sunday..you would have more fun with us..

Bobke

Top Bottom