White Clay reports for this weekend.

fasterthanliam

Anybody know if the conditions are worth the trip? Since most of NJ is ice it may be worth the trip. Did Delaware get the weather this past week that we did in NJ ?

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Does any one know when the fun section of the park (sorry don't know what it's called) Will be open again? last 2 times I was there (last week) it was closed for hunting...did'nt go down and read the fine print on the sign.

-Eric

Last edited:

Ian F

Does any one know when the fun section of the park (sorry don't know what it's called) Will be open again? last 2 times I was there (last week) it was closed for hunting...did'nt go down and read the fine print on the sign.

-Eric

+1. We went a couple of weeks ago and ended up in Fairhill instead due to the hunting situatuion. Call first.

lmckee

Honestly, my guess is that the conditions at white clay/middle run, fair hill, and iron hill will all be crap this weekend. As of right now it is snowing but all its doing is soaking the ground. That combined with the fact that they're calling for 50+ degree temp this weekend means the trails will be soup. If your still considering the trip when the weekend rolls around I can always run over and check out the trail conditions for you, let me know.

Ian F

Agreed. When we were 'chased' from White Clay to Fair Hill a couple of weeks ago, the weather conditions were similar and riding the trails was probably not a good idea... grease-mud... we basically made a mess out of Crackhead Bob and decided we'd done enough damage for the day and went home... :( ...that was the one advantage of riding a single-speed that day: the bike was easy to clean...

I was looking to go this Sunday, but I'm not gonna waste my time if the trails are going to be all soupy when I get there.

Top Bottom