Biggest loser

Cassinonorth

Goal Weight End of February: 188 lbs

Current Weight: 188.8 lbs (-11.2 lbs YTD)

Edit: got a poop off and weighed again lol

Screenshot_20230225-104258.png

Weird blip of a week. I'm almost inclined to say last Saturday's weigh in was the outlier. Pretty sure I had too much sodium Tuesday so my Wednesday weigh in was too high. I've noticed it takes about 2 solid diet days to rebound from the water retention. This week was mostly flat, to hit my goal I need to lose 0.8 lbs in the last 4 days, possible but I'm not going to drop my calories very far to do it. Long term success>short term goals.

Screenshot_20230225-080427.png

Exercise wise, working some trainer rides into the fray. Missed one lifting day this week dealing with a sickness but still worked out every day. Probably will add that lift on this afternoon since I doubt I'm going for a very long outdoor ride with the cold front that's here.

1677330914529.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230225-080447.png
    Screenshot_20230225-080447.png
    217.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Over the Bars

2 lb loss this week waist measurment around naval down 3/4 of an inch this week to 32.25. got all my lifting sessions in, lots of walks. 1 row, and a 4 mile trail run with 736 ft of elevation gain. Things are going smoothly so far. I didn't miss going to bed hungry but ohh well goals need to be met. I also signed up for a 5k spartan sprint and a 10k spartan super this week in addition to the 2 15k mudders I had already scheduled. The first one is 2 months away but I'll be ready.

2/12 166.6
2/19 163
2/26 161

Last edited:

JDurk

E2M program R7W8D1

Final week of Round 7. Up early on President's Day, even thought I'm off for the holiday, to stay in the routine. This week will be my 1yr anniversary of completing the 1st, 8wk round.
Diet
Stayed mostly on plan last week. Unfortunately, I did exceed my self imposed limit of Reese's Peanut Butter Hearts that were left around the office, all damn week. Added some carbs to early meals a few days before the planned ride on Sunday. No beer until the treat meal on Saturday night at our local favorite seafood restaurant, where I had crab dip app and 8oz filet with asparagus and garlic mash. After yesterday's ride, I was hungry all afternoon and snacked a bit more. Then walked to Tonewood to have a beer or 3.

Exercise
Did well all week with cardio, circuits and extra credit in the garage pain cave. With the warmer weather, was able to do a few lunch walks as well. Rode at Batsto yesterday with some of the team dudes. They were all on their geared bikes, me on the rigid SS. At some point on the 2nd half of the ride, I became the rabbit when I went to the front and pushed the pace. Felt good and got a few comments from the guys that they couldn't catch me.

Weight
1/2/22 Starting weight = 235.4
2/20/23 current weight =182.4
Diff: weekly up 1.4, total lost = 53
Besides the chocolate over load, adding carbs to early meal a few days helped with energy during the ride. But I probably could have done without. And the beer Sat and Sun afternoon.

Nothing to update for my wife, still maintaining.
E2M program R7.5W0D1

Yesterday was the 1yr anniversary of completing my 1st 8wk round following the E2M Fitness Program. This coming week is an off week between rounds.
Diet
Did well, not perfect with eating. Had a few days of cheating with chocolates, snack machine trips and beers. Went out for an awesome burger and FF on Saturday afternoon for a cheat meal. Had a NA Guinness 0, may have to keep that in rotation. This week will stick to the plan before travelling to Lake Placid for the weekend on Thursday through Sunday.

Exercise
Cardio (running and spin bike), circuits and extra credit weight workouts all week. Got out for a ride on Sunday at Brandywine in DE. Been awhile since I've been there and hadn't been on the Pivot T429 in a long time. Explored the park without a plan and used all the suspension and gears. Looking forward to some time on the slopes of Whiteface on Fri and Sat. Will be the first time riding there.

Weight
2/27/23 current weight =181.4
Diff: weekly down 1, total lost = 54
As has been discussed in previous posts, I'm finding it a bit more work to maintain than I did when losing. Knowing that I have the discipline to drop a few when the scale heads up helps. In the past, I would just say to myself, start tomorrow and never do it. Slippery slope for sure. Moving forward, plans are to race the mtb in SS Endurance at the MASS series events, a Xterra Duathlon in early May, then another year of the 5 day TSE. Might sprinkle in a few 5k races too. Crazy, me the 0.0 I don't run guy, now runs a few days a week.

Wife has been maintaining, but looking to get make a go again on the program more to gain fitness, muscle and maintain her weight.

Sign ups for the program start again next week. Here's the links. Any questions, I'm happy to answer.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/E2Mfitness

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
2023 - Week 8 + 1 day
'23 Starting Weight: 201.3
Current Weight: 187.6
Week: -0.2
YTD: -13.7

Goal Weight - under 175

Could have been a better week - but no damage done.
Over the weekend, i was supporting the Snowbike Festival - which isn't really a festival - in the catskills.
Might be 20 minutes or so west of Hunter.
It is on a tubing hill with XC and snowshoe trails.
Route ended up being 4.5 miles with 650' of climbing.
3 Laps for the long 'race' -
There was snow. So that worked out.
Anyway - I got to ride a little, trail markings, and recreational.
Most of the day was spent standing at a road crossing.
Temps weren't bad but the wind was blowing, and there was cloud cover.
Shivering may have shed a pound or two.

I'm always amazed at some people who will just retire an event because they are "mad"
at the course design - when others just take it as a challenge. A couple of the athletes took
2.5 hours to complete the 13 miles - and they were all smiles with great sense of accomplishment at the end.
While i'm always amazed at the fitness level at the pointy end -
the tenacity and fortitude at the back should never be ignored.

Trying to get back to the cardio this week.
Leaving for vacation on Friday.

DC03BEA2-62D8-47F0-9A88-DB4951AEA0B3.png

Last edited:

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Somehow I managed to stay at 210 during the Presidents holiday week. Been pretty active so that offset the beer and food.

We booked a Cruise for Easter break so the wife and I are on a mission to not look like complete shlubs at the deck pool. 😆

Cassinonorth

February 1 Weight: 193.6 lbs

March 1 Weight: 188.6 lbs (-5.0 lbs)

So, fell a little short of the goal but I think 5 lbs per month is quite realistic while training for race season. There's a very fine balance between getting to my fighting weight and letting performance suffer. I also signed up for my first XC races yesterday...Peter Pounder in Port Jervis April 16 and Iron Furnace in Wawayanda April 30. 17x by the first race would be outstanding, March 21 2020 was the last time I saw under 180lbs, when I was about 1 month out from IM 70.3 Florida.

Goal Weight End of March: 183 lbs

JDurk

Heading to Lake Placid this morning for a long weekend, so stepped on the scale for a before weight. Since my weekly update on Monday at 181.4, weighed in at 178.4 this morning, down 3lbs.

Plan to stay on track while eating out and limiting adult beverages. Have a 2 day ticket to get some snowboarding at Whiteface to keep me active between travel days. Will update again on Monday morning.

xc62701

Yesterday was March 1st and I'm giving it a go again. January and February have been rough on consistency to stay the least. With me being sick a lot and the wife traveling, yadda yadda... Enough excuses. Yesterday I started counting calories again and am making a full effort to get this going again. My first race is a month from today so I need to get on the lighter side if I want to be successful. Lets go!

iman29

February 1 Weight: 193.6 lbs

March 1 Weight: 188.6 lbs (-5.0 lbs)

So, fell a little short of the goal but I think 5 lbs per month is quite realistic while training for race season. There's a very fine balance between getting to my fighting weight and letting performance suffer. I also signed up for my first XC races yesterday...Peter Pounder in Port Jervis April 16 and Iron Furnace in Wawayanda April 30. 17x by the first race would be outstanding, March 21 2020 was the last time I saw under 180lbs, when I was about 1 month out from IM 70.3 Florida.

I would say that +/- .6 lbs for your goal could be debated thats still pretty good. 5lbs per month is totally achievable for sure.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Just a quick check-in. Holding steady in the 200+ range after dropping the inital ~25lbs. My original goal was 205 but then switched to 195, but never got there. Without giving up the alcohol I just don't think it's realistic, and I'm OK with that for now.

Last 6 months:

Screenshot 2023-03-03 0755151.jpg

Thanks for all the motivation and keep it up!

Cassinonorth

Current Weight: 188.0 lbs (-12.0 lbs YTD)

mfp.png

Opted to weigh myself yesterday since we had a salt & carb bomb of a dinner yesterday at the In laws (Italian food). I think calorie wise was okay yesterday but I'm sure I retained a ton of water.

tp.png

Exercise wise has been on the trainer, great for getting faster and time saving...not so great for enjoyment of the sport and boredom. I haven't trained this regimented since 2019 in my triathlon days so it is nice to have that urge again. Have a good week everyone!

Over the Bars

Weekly check in
2/12 166.6
2/19 163
2/26 161
3/5 159.6

Down 1.6 for the week diet is on point. All the shiny new muscles I worked so hard for in the bulk are starting to pop. Lifting is on point, trail running is on point, biking none for the week I just can't swing it when I'm on call. I went all in on Spartans now and I signed up for the full Trifecta 5k at mountain creek, 10k at blue mountain and 21k beast at Killington... I must be out of my mind the Killington one takes over 7 and a half hours to complete. And here's my latest same weight different shape picture taken this morning after my weigh in
GridArt_20230305_082455725~2.jpg

Last edited:

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Weekly check in
2/12 166.6
2/19 163
2/26 161
3/5 159.6

Down 1.6 for the week diet is on point. All the shiny new muscles I worked so hard for in the bulk are starting to pop. Lifting is on point, trail running is on point, biking none for the week I just can't swing it when I'm on call. I went all in on Spartans now and I signed up for the full Trifecta 5k at mountain creek, 10k at blue mountain and 21k beast at Killington... I must be out of my mind the Killington one takes over 7 and a half hours to complete. And here's my latest same weight different shape picture taken this morning after my weigh in View attachment 208671
Damn son, 99 problems but bodyfat ain't one.

JDurk

E2M program R7.5W0D1

Yesterday was the 1yr anniversary of completing my 1st 8wk round following the E2M Fitness Program. This coming week is an off week between rounds.
Diet
Did well, not perfect with eating. Had a few days of cheating with chocolates, snack machine trips and beers. Went out for an awesome burger and FF on Saturday afternoon for a cheat meal. Had a NA Guinness 0, may have to keep that in rotation. This week will stick to the plan before travelling to Lake Placid for the weekend on Thursday through Sunday.

Exercise
Cardio (running and spin bike), circuits and extra credit weight workouts all week. Got out for a ride on Sunday at Brandywine in DE. Been awhile since I've been there and hadn't been on the Pivot T429 in a long time. Explored the park without a plan and used all the suspension and gears. Looking forward to some time on the slopes of Whiteface on Fri and Sat. Will be the first time riding there.

Weight
2/27/23 current weight =181.4
Diff: weekly down 1, total lost = 54
As has been discussed in previous posts, I'm finding it a bit more work to maintain than I did when losing. Knowing that I have the discipline to drop a few when the scale heads up helps. In the past, I would just say to myself, start tomorrow and never do it. Slippery slope for sure. Moving forward, plans are to race the mtb in SS Endurance at the MASS series events, a Xterra Duathlon in early May, then another year of the 5 day TSE. Might sprinkle in a few 5k races too. Crazy, me the 0.0 I don't run guy, now runs a few days a week.

Wife has been maintaining, but looking to get make a go again on the program more to gain fitness, muscle and maintain her weight.

Sign ups for the program start again next week. Here's the links. Any questions, I'm happy to answer.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/E2Mfitness
E2M program R8W1D1

Diet
Was in Lake Placid since Thursday. We broke our fast early and packed a meal for the drive up. Had an early dinner when we arrived. Breakfast was included for the group we were with. Wasn't the best choices, but figured since I was going to be moving all day snowboarding, I could take in a few more carbs. Lunches on the mountain weren't totally on plan, but had the basics. Dinners were easier to stay close to plan, but beer and bourbon. And there was free coffee, hot chocolate and cookies every afternoon at the hotel. Some extra cookies may have been 5 fingered to take back to the room for late night snacks. After today, will be back on plan. Have an Irish Catholic funeral to attend.

Exercise
Did circuits, extra credit, and cardio M/T/W. Since Thursday was a packing and travel day, didn't do anything. Snowboarded Fri and Sat. Sunday was packing and travel home day. Up this morning to go for a run, then the plan circuit. Will follow that with some stretching and a Theragun session. The rest of the week will been getting back into the groove. Looked at the race schedule yesterday. Man things are coming up quick.

Weight
3/6/23 current weight =185.4
Diff: weekly up 4, total lost = 50
So, the weekend in Lake Placid eating wasn't the best and not surprised with the number on the scale. The weekly up number is a bit false as that was last Monday after a not so great weekend. Morning of the trip start I was 178.4, so it was 7lbs gained since last Thursday. Got the tools to get it back on track this week. Should be back around 180 in a few days.

Today is the first day of the new E2M round and sign ups are open until Wednesday, 3/8/23. Following @Over the Bars lead and sharing some pics of my results.

Deleted pics from post added in new post

Last edited:

Patrick

Staff member
@JDurk - those google pics won't share correctly anymore -
gotta download and attach them. or create share links and post the links.
Sorry for the hassle - google lawyers are hard at work....

Patrick

Staff member
My phone is not happy with my activity level over the last 4 weeks. Reduction in activy calorie burn. Yes. I know.
My plan to do some running while in Florida has been squashed by the red tide. When the wind blows off the gulf, it carries an irritant that results in a coughing fit. Dead fish on the beach is a nice touch, and it is worse the closer that you get.

Well excuses, so I'll need to find something to get the heart rate up without choking myself out.

The place has some beach cruisers. No helmet tho.

Top Bottom