Biggest loser

@jdog was a verbal proliferator of micronized vegetables when Garden of Life rolled out with it originally. Now there is AG1 that Tim Ferris has been talking about for a good 8 years now. I figured i would give it a try...

7A46911D-FACD-415A-B20A-55E1067868AA.jpeg

E2M program R7W4D6

Diet
Still consistent with water and eating pretty much on the maintenance plan. Going with now a moist January. Had a meetup with the race team dudes at Tonewood on Wednesday evening and sampled something new and old. I did suffer a bit with sleep that night and the next day was feeling it a little. It was National Chococate Cake day yesterday, so wife and I split a very small item from Trader Joe's after our last meal. Heading to Cape May this afternoon to attend the Burns Supper at the ferry terminal for our cheat meal. I chose to have the Scotch egg app and haggis tower as my main course. Meeting some friends at a brewery in C.M.C.H. before.

Exercise
Consistent with circuits M/W/F with spin bike warm-ups and the extra credit weight workouts. Spin bike sessions T/Th/Sa this week following the TCC plan.

Weight
1/2/22 Starting weight = 235.4
1/122/23 current weight =180.6
Diff: weekly down .4 total lost = 54.8
I've still been pretty low carb, but breaking my fast early occasionally with a small snack of nuts, P.B. and honey on 1 slice of bread, or sweet potato with P.B. and cinnamon to stop the hungry's. As I mentioned, Dry Jan is now moist, but much less and not very often. So assuming that is helping maintain. Feeling much better after my mild bout with C-19 last week. I went back to work Monday and have been masked up.

Wife has been on point with her eating and increased activity, no C-19 and maintaining her weight.
E2M program R7W5D4

Weekly update a few days early. Travelling for work, then pleasure, leaving tomorrow for 10 days.
Diet
Water intake, food prep and eating on plan is pretty much routine. Have snacked on some chocolate a little here and there. Maybe more cashews than the proper portion. A few beers Saturday in Cape May, but that was it. Going to do my best on the trip for Week 6. 5 days in San Antonio for work, then to Colorado for some snowboarding. Not worried about the time in S.A. hotel restaurant and convention food. Colorado will be the test since we're staying at a Microtel in Georgetown and day tripping to 4 different resorts. Watching the Super Bowl in CO, then taking the red-eye back to Philly afterwards. Hopefully not to a city in ruins.

Exercise
Did the circuits and TCC spin bike sessions a day early to get in 5 days before travelling. Plan to stay active in the hotel gym with the circuits, treadmill and spin bikes. Snowboarding will be the activity in CO. Plan to be back into the standard routine when I return into Week 7.

Weight
1/2/22 Starting weight = 235.4
2/1/23 current weight =180.4
Diff: weekly down .2 total lost = 55
Maintaining well. Not going to change anything really just yet. Over C-19, exercise has been good.

Wife is maintaining her weight and no C-19 from exposure around me.

Weighed in this morning since we are going out tonight. Took Monday off from activities to finish out head cold and pick up my bike from Halter's. CrossFit 3 days with nothing else.

Down 1.5 lbs. I'll take hovering around 15 lbs total loss.

The purge this week is going well. While I haven't eaten totally clean, the diet has gotten better while activity hasn't really gone up. I've been doing some recovery rides since I beat myself up last weekend. I am going to try to keep the workouts going though even with this frigid crap we have coming tomorrow. I'm feeling better on and off the bike, that's the biggest benefit. Spring is coming - despite what the groundhog said...

Broke through a small plateau on one of my worst diet half-weeks. Had a few cookies and reese's Tuesday/Wednesday but finished strong Thursday/Friday.

Screenshot_20230204-070657.png

Goal Weight End of February: 188 lbs

Current Weight: 193.0 lbs (-7.0 lbs overall)

Screenshot_20230204-070600.png

Looking back at last year I was basically perfect until mid February-mid March then stopped weighing stopped counting and resurfaced around MDW at 195 lbs. Not letting that happen. I was using 2,000 calories as my goal last year which lead to losing 14 lbs in 6 weeks but what good is that if it's not sustainable? I feel so much better at 2400 calories with the amount I'm riding and lifting.

Broke through a small plateau on one of my worst diet half-weeks. Had a few cookies and reese's Tuesday/Wednesday but finished strong Thursday/Friday.

View attachment 206511

Current Weight: 193.0 lbs (-7.0 lbs overall)

View attachment 206512

Looking back at last year I was basically perfect until mid February-mid March then stopped weighing stopped counting and resurfaced around MDW at 195 lbs. Not letting that happen. I was using 2,000 calories as my goal last year which lead to losing 14 lbs in 6 weeks but what good is that if it's not sustainable? I feel so much better at 2400 calories with the amount I'm riding and lifting.
-5lbs from now until end of this month totally doable just watch out for the Superbowl
Snack attack. 🤪

I've increased my exercise this month for sure. Haven't had any real luck on the scale though, maybe down a pound or two. I was trying to get it done without calorie counting, but I completely lack the ability to not overeat. So Monday I'll start a legit effort with the calorie counting again. Gotta get my sprouts growing again too. They really help fill me up with minimal calories.

2023 - Week 5 + 1day
'23 Starting Weight: 201.3
Current Weight: 189.8
Week: -0.5
YTD: -11.5

I had a plan for the week - head up to the Lk George region on Wednesday ride Gurney & Rush Pond, Hike Cat Mt.
Thursday morning I put a couple hours into Gurney Lane - It was tough going in crunchy snow.
No matter - i'm looking for time, not miles - so keep churning.
Haven't been there in a bit, so it seems they expanded the core mtb trail system,
including more Foot Traffic Only trails for the hikers - so they don't have to walk the switchbacks.

They also opened a new area to the south - Rush Pond - which is supposed to be flowier, and flatter.
I wouldn't know, because...

The weather happened.
Those temps hovering around 0 in NJ were -22 or better(worse?) up north. -12 during the day.
While I considered posting up in the 'lowest temperature' thread - I just didn't have the clothes to make this work.
It hung in the negatives Friday and Saturday - so I kept myself busy around the house. Still not enough cardio,
and too much noshing to keep on pace.

I'll take the "down" number - and breaking through the 190 level.
There is work to do this week!

IMG_3500.PNG

That low spot Wednesday morning was 188.9
It would be nice if this app had a "Change Since xx/xx/xx" function.

I reset the goal numbers - now that line around 187 is the 50% mark now.

Keep going ! Keep stacking-up those small changes.

Major bonus - I've noticed I'm not as hungry,
even with increased exercise - and that when I do eat,
the amount is much smaller, cause I'm full (and I stop eating)

6 week mark is coming!

2023 - Week 5 + 1day

I had a plan for the week - head up to the Lk George region on Wednesday ride Gurney & Rush Pond, Hike Cat Mt.
Thursday morning I put a couple hours into Gurney Lane - It was tough going in crunchy snow.
Haven't been there in a bit, so it seems they expanded the core mtb trail system,
including more Foot Traffic Only trails for the hikers - so they don't have to walk the switchbacks.

They also opened a new area to the south - Rush Pond - which is supposed to be flowier, and flatter.

The weather happened.
Those temps hovering around 0 in NJ were -22 or better(worse?) up north. -12 during the day.
While I considered posting up in the 'lowest temperature' thread - I just didn't have the clothes to make this work.
It hung in the negatives Friday and Saturday - so I kept myself busy around the house. Still not enough cardio,

View attachment 206667

6 week mark is coming!
The not being hungry, even with increased exercise, is something I've experienced as well.

2023 - Week 5 + 1day

The weather happened.

View attachment 206667

6 week mark is coming!
I love gurney lane so much fun wish we had something like it here.

I just left my doctor's office. They weighed me fully clothed and I was in doc martens. I was 10 lb over what I weighed this morning on my home scale.

Those 10 lbs put me back up for BMI warning.

I said something to the doctor and she said oh that scale is always wrong.

Great it's still on my record that I'm borderline overweight.

Arghhggggg.

I just left my doctor's office. They weighed me fully clothed and I was in doc martens. I was 10 lb over what I weighed this morning on my home scale. Those 10 lbs put me back up for BMI warning. I said something to the doctor and she said oh that scale is always wrong. Great it's still on my record that I'm overweight.

Conspiracy alert. I think they get paid to discuss reduction in bmi. They did this to me and I started to get stuff in the mail about life style changes!

I just left my doctor's office. They weighed me fully clothed and I was in doc martens. I was 10 lb over what I weighed this morning on my home scale.

Arghhggggg.
Don't stress it you have been doing great. 👍 BMI can also be a very silly measurement depending on your body type and how much muscle you carry.

Arghhggggg.
#ignore.

There’s no comparison to being fully clothed vs home. and your baseline is the home scale anyway so F that noise.

Feb 8 Weight: 192.2 lbs (-7.8 lbs YTD)

Feeling faster on the bike, gym workouts have been very consistent and diet has been on point. It really is quite nice when things are just clicking. Having an accountability partner in the house is always a plus too...we're working as a team cooking dinners every night to avoid takeout and our grocery runs have been quite snack free.

Back
Top Bottom