Biggest loser

Week 2
Goal by 2024 - 200 lbs
Current Weight - 257.8
Weekly: 1.6 lbs
Total: 1.6 lbs

639400A0-A276-4288-9930-43E29ADA01EF.png

Been a tough week lots of travel for work which means lots of restaurants. Did make some good choices (side salads over fries). Still down 1.6 which is cool because it’s something. I have done a few runs with the dog and that’s been pretty cool too so I will hopefully make that a habit!

Good Luck, and have a great week!

I just left my doctor's office. They weighed me fully clothed and I was in doc martens. I was 10 lb over what I weighed this morning on my home scale.

Those 10 lbs put me back up for BMI warning.

I said something to the doctor and she said oh that scale is always wrong.

Great it's still on my record that I'm borderline overweight.

Arghhggggg.

Ignore it and keep making good choices!

Weighed in this morning since I'll be traveling and away this weekend. Maintaining weight, still down 15 lbs.

This week I ran 2xs and CrossFit 2xs.

Food prepped for the trip to Ray's. I am staying with friends that may want to eat dinner out but I will make good choices.

Thank for the encouragement with the BMI. I know what I weigh and my blood work also verifies I am in decent shape. Will keep moving forward.

I just left my doctor's office. They weighed me fully clothed and I was in doc martens. I was 10 lb over what I weighed this morning on my home scale.

Those 10 lbs put me back up for BMI warning.

I said something to the doctor and she said oh that scale is always wrong.

Great it's still on my record that I'm borderline overweight.

Arghhggggg.
My doc martens add like 25 lbs to my weight. But they come up to my thighs.

Another successful week down.

Screenshot_20230211-072855.png

Goal Weight End of February: 188 lbs

Current Weight: 192.0 lbs (-8.0 lbs YTD)

Screenshot_20230211-072940.png

7 hours on the bike, 2 hours in the gym. Diet has been good, thinking it may be time to adjust calories downward to 2300. May give it to Wednesday's weigh in to see if the scale budges. For the first time in probably 10 years I'm looking forward to progress pictures rather than pure scale numbers...I can absolutely see muscle building.

2023 - Week 6
'23 Starting Weight: 201.3
Current Weight: 188.5
Week: -1.3
YTD: -12.8

I love week 6!
Almost as much as i love lamp.

Snacking or any sugary things have been off the list all year, right through last Wednesday.
Got a 10 mile hike with my trailpack (30lbs) on Monday, which put my back in lock-down on Tuesday.
Short walks on Friday and Saturday. So no sustained cardio.
Then we went out to a wine pairing dinner Thursday night, and group dinner last night after stopping in High Rail Brewing.

Was certain that the scale wasn't going to be on my side this morning.
Then the week 6 magic happened. I've always felt that it took this long for the my body to get
to a point where there is some base of fitness to start working from.
Metabolism is higher, muscles need to be fed, etc.
Def noticeable differences in the way my clothes fit.
Just feeling better, and more motivated, to do "stuff"

IMG_3538.PNG

Feeling burnt out from work and just don't have the same drive and intensity in the gym this week its been 15 weeks of intense lifting I think I might call it quits on The bulk 2 weeks early. Maybe A change In focus will kick things Into gear again and get me out if this funk I'm in. On a positive note I bought some trail running shoes and went to a trail to take a walk and break them in and when I got there I just started running instead and ran 3 miles In 33 minutes not fast by any means but I don't run ever and was really tired going Into it

Feeling burnt out from work and just don't have the same drive and intensity in the gym this week its been 15 weeks of intense lifting I think I might call it quits on The bulk 2 weeks early. Maybe A change In focus will kick things Into gear again and get me out if this funk I'm in. On a positive note I bought some trail running shoes and went to a trail to take a walk and break them in and when I got there I just started running instead and ran 3 miles In 33 minutes not fast by any means but I don't run ever and was really tired going Into it

Nice pivot!!! Rtalk.

A couple of ways to help maintain homeostasis is first knowing we all a bunch of Freds, and two, understanding allostasis (allostatic load) and how shifts in other parts of our lives affect our focus and performance. Its a great model for regular guys like you and I with kids and other responsibilities.

Good luck and geek out on trail running. If ever in Princeton, John Witherspoon trail is great for this. Keeps your head down and focused on what is directly in front of you.

Nice pivot!!! Rtalk.

A couple of ways to help maintain homeostasis is first knowing we all a bunch of Freds, and two, understanding allostasis (allostatic load) and how shifts in other parts of our lives affect our focus and performance. Its a great model for regular guys like you and I with kids and other responsibilities.

Good luck and geek out on trail running. If ever in Princeton, John Witherspoon trail is great for this. Keeps your head down and focused on what is directly in front of you.
Wow you hit the nail on the head with allostatic load! Didn't know what it was but damn does it apply to how I'm feeling right now!!!!! I'm just fried mentally and physically just one part of it has been that I've been on a 24/7 oncall work shift for 6 of the last 8 weeks. Its amazing its taken me this long to completely burn out. My sleep is always impacted even if I'm not getting called out I don't sleep as well in anticipation of the phone ringing. No point eating all this food if I'm not putting in what I know my maximum effort should be in the gym.

If anyone here was considering getting a rower this is a great deal. Don’t know the seller just sharing.

Monitor can be upgraded to the latest one PM5 for like $150

Located in Morristown.

5F2185A5-9E29-442C-9383-6593CCADBFCD.png

Off to a good start got a trail run In and learned that all you have to do to run faster and further is just dress like a runner world dress 😆 upped milage from 3 miles to 4 miles and cut my average pace by a minute and a half. Had a filling low calorie breakfast 667 calories
leaving me plenty of room for snacks and meals the rest of the day while staying under my 2500 calories budget. Going to lift tonight and Plan on taking the mountain bike out tomorrow for a ride havent decided where yet.
Screenshot_20230213_122408_Connect~2.jpg
Screenshot_20230213_121949_Connect~2.jpg
20230213_074623.jpg

Off to a good start got a trail run In and learned that all you have to do to run faster and further is just dress like a runner world dress 😆 upped milage from 3 miles to 4 miles and cut my average pace by a minute and a half. Had a filling low calorie breakfast 667 calories
leaving me plenty of room for snacks and meals the rest of the day while staying under my 2500 calories budget. Going to lift tonight and Plan on taking the mountain bike out tomorrow for a ride havent decided where yet. View attachment 207274View attachment 207275View attachment 207276

trail runs coming up at Waway and Jungle !
Pin on that number.

Extra love for the happy face food!

E2M program R7W5D4

Weekly update a few days early. Travelling for work, then pleasure, leaving tomorrow for 10 days.
Diet
Water intake, food prep and eating on plan is pretty much routine. Have snacked on some chocolate a little here and there. Maybe more cashews than the proper portion. A few beers Saturday in Cape May, but that was it. Going to do my best on the trip for Week 6. 5 days in San Antonio for work, then to Colorado for some snowboarding. Not worried about the time in S.A. hotel restaurant and convention food. Colorado will be the test since we're staying at a Microtel in Georgetown and day tripping to 4 different resorts. Watching the Super Bowl in CO, then taking the red-eye back to Philly afterwards. Hopefully not to a city in ruins.

Exercise
Did the circuits and TCC spin bike sessions a day early to get in 5 days before travelling. Plan to stay active in the hotel gym with the circuits, treadmill and spin bikes. Snowboarding will be the activity in CO. Plan to be back into the standard routine when I return into Week 7.

Weight
1/2/22 Starting weight = 235.4
2/1/23 current weight =180.4
Diff: weekly down .2 total lost = 55
Maintaining well. Not going to change anything really just yet. Over C-19, exercise has been good.

Wife is maintaining her weight and no C-19 from exposure around me.
E2M program R7W7D2

Overdue update as I was travelling for work and pleasure from 2/3 - 2/12.
Diet
Did well with healthy choices for the time in San Antonio. Stuck to a decent eating window. Did cheat a bit in the evening with choices at the frequent Tex-Mex eating locations, making much healthier choices than the others I was dining with. Limited the adult beverages to beer or bourbon over margaritas. Once in Colorado, opened the eating window earlier with plans to hit the slopes early and all day, having breakfast where we stayed, eating 1 meal at the mountain, then dinner out. At the Microtel lodging, made the best of the options available. At the AirBnB, I made a breakfast egg frittata for all of us that lasted our 2 day stay. On the mountain, stayed away from the pizza, burgers and FF for a salad with chicken, but always included a large cookie. Out to dinner, let things go a little, but again healthier choices than the others I was dining with. Avoided nervous eating and drinking at the pub stop to watch the Super Bowl. Great game, not happy with the outcome.

Exercise
Got 3 good days of circuits, cardio and extra credit workouts in the hotel gym in San Antonio. Actually the first time I've been in a gym since I don't know when. At least before C19 shut everything down, cancelled my gym membership last year. Was on my feet all day during the convention and walked everywhere. Felt good for all 4 full days on the slopes in CO. No issues with altitude or fatigue to note. Slept a few hours on the red-eye flight Monday morning, called out of work to unpack/unwind, managed to get back into the routine with a run, circuit and extra credit. Will be taking advantage of the weather this week to walk at lunch.

Weight
1/2/22 Starting weight = 235.4
2/14/23 current weight =181
Diff: weekly up .6 total lost = 54.4
Happy with myself to not go off the rails like I did during the holiday trip to FL. Proves that staying active and mostly healthy food choices, cheating in moderation, will prevent any significant weight gain. Weekly, tale of the tape measurements proved that as well.

While I was away, wife was home and enjoyed some desserts, scaring herself straight with a 4lb increase. Got back to focusing on what to eat, with exercise and has already dropped back to where she was.

Last edited:
Super Bowl was an expected disaster. Pizza rolls, spinach dip/chips, mozz sticks, cookies etc. It was a planned cheat day so I think mentally I was easy to snap out of it Monday to have a good rebound day. Ended up doing a quick lift in the AM and an after work ride that cut a bit short due to a mechanical.

Today's another challenge. Going to dinner for Valentine's after work. Leaving myself plenty of calories for dinner (hopefully heading home at 800 calories consumed). Tomorrow's weigh in should be interesting...flat would be just fine.

Keeping things rolling and enjoying the great weather got out on the bike today 😃 sadly its been a bit since that's happened. Down 2.6 lbs of water so far I'm sure I'll drop more tomorrow. I went from 500 to 600 grams carbs a day down to 300 a day.

Goal Weight End of February: 188 lbs

Feb 15 Weight: 191.8 lbs (-8.2 lbs YTD)

Yesterday went exactly to plan. Had plenty of room for dinner in my calories but ended up barely mattering. Filet mignon with a small portion of potatoes and spinach was most likely quite low in calories overall. Weigh in went very well today as result. Minor -.2 lb loss since Saturday but will absolutely take that over gaining. Weather looks amazing this weekend so more time on the bike will help too.

Back
Top Bottom