Stephens State Park Conditions

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
any idea for today? would like to do some exploring, first time there.
Im not one to hyperventilate over trail impact like some but even i would say no. I am fortunate to know the park well and put a good loop together without harm on days like this.

02camaro

Alot of fun. Did a good chuck of the park. Few trees down here and there but nothing impassable. Some greasy spots but they seemed to be common spots since they were already pretty rutted up. I will be back.
20230105_114651.jpg

20230105_113158.jpg
Screenshot_20230105-171551_Strava.jpg

02camaro

Off topic...So I just got my Garmin, am I able to download stuff like this to follow? I see I can get routes from TF, but can I get them other ways as well?
you can, using routes with ride with gps is a little different that with trailforks but if you have the capability to us trailforks you can use rwgsp

follow the link for instructions to pair the two

Ironjunk

I would think as long as the temps stay above freezing at night, the parks fair better. It's the freezing at night that keeps the trails soggy

Last edited:

Ironjunk

Is old waterloo rd going past the vistar going into budd lake public? It would be nice to link road rides with it.

jackx

Is old waterloo rd going past the vistar going into budd lake public? It would be nice to link road rides with it.
It didn’t seem to me to be a public road when I last rode it, although that was before the Avistar facility was built.

If I remember correctly, there may have been a gate or partial fence near a pond - when it turns into or joins with Old Waterloo Rd. when getting Closer to Lozier Rd.

xc62701

I know it’s gated by Vistar but not sure elsewhere. I’ve only ridden past the gate up to the old mulch pit. I’m curious to see what the answer is.

Id_rather_be_skiing

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
park was in good shape, only really wet spots I encountered were from the gate to the railroad tracks. Got to see a helicopter inspecting the power lines. Low enough the pilot waved back.

2 large trees down at the top of tally ho if it hasn’t already been reported.

Attachments

• FA45193C-BEAA-4497-99C6-DB98EBF090B0.jpeg
    FA45193C-BEAA-4497-99C6-DB98EBF090B0.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 976DCF91-3083-4E87-BE8A-F36DCA4A8831.jpeg
    976DCF91-3083-4E87-BE8A-F36DCA4A8831.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 66

Cole

park was in good shape, only really wet spots I encountered were from the gate to the railroad tracks. Got to see a helicopter inspecting the power lines. Low enough the pilot waved back.

2 large trees down at the top of tally ho if it hasn’t already been reported.
Are you able to share this route? I am not having luck syncing the ride with GPS one, but have had luck with Strava

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions