Stephens State Park Conditions

TommyF

Conditions were perfect today, albeit leaf covered. Sunshine and the right gear kept us warm too.

xc62701

Thanksgiving afternoon - conditions were leafy and dry.

Even with a brand new rear tire, some of the dry, leafy uphills were slippery.

I totally agree. The less traveled trails were leafy and slick going up - even on my fatty. The rest of the park was in great shape as they are more well ridden trails. There were a lot of riders out thanksgiving morning!

Myles

Was there Wednesday and Subaru was challenging for traction through the dry leaves. Lower down things are packing down nicely but still want to be careful. Best run of the day was Meisterburger to Burgermeister with better conditions lower down.

jackx

Was there Wednesday and Subaru was challenging for traction through the dry leaves. Lower down things are packing down nicely but still want to be careful. Best run of the day was Meisterburger to Burgermeister with better conditions lower down.
Here’s a picture of MeisterBurger taken on Thanksgiving afternoon.

8852538B-D49C-4D49-AB87-00A47AE1B3A6.jpeg

Here’s a closeup of the leaves on the White trail heading from the Firetower towards MeisterBurger.

181DF996-AE5C-4912-8B58-28EEE10974E0.jpeg

Jrzjoe

Tree down right about there I think. You really can tell the trails that are favored from the ones not. Leaf cover is more manageable today.
Did maybe 3 1/2 hours and saw one fella the whole time. Beat the rain too, not that I really care about that.
511268DB-C225-40DF-B54C-08A96C78219F.jpeg

HiFiGuy

EF7C1F19-799F-46B0-8430-FDD24673BA6F.jpeg
Stephens got about an inch of snow yesterday. Easy going with the fat bike. Not so easy going was the dickhead hunter on a quad that told me I shouldn’t be in the woods during hunting season when I asked him if he knew quads were illegal in the park. Yup I reported it on the warn dep app.

xc62701

1 inch of crunchy snow with plenty of packed down lines over frozen trails. Made the ride so smooth, perfect conditions !!!!
Agreed I was there at 9 yesterday and it was crunchy but easily packed down snow. I didn't think there'd even be snow left on the trails. It definitely slowed things down. I had to pedal pretty good to get down Skeezix. Go get some fun riding before the rain washes the snow away.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions