Hardtail Talk!!

I know I'll get a lot hate for this but I really don't care. I never said and will never say that the new geo is bad, I'm sure it's best (my FS has a 65.25deg headtube angle after all and that is what I use on the gnar). Esthetically though I'm stuck on older bikes such as the Ritchey, and that's why I'm probably picking up my 3rd El Mariachi later today.
There’s nothing wrong with that man, you have to stick with what you are comfortable with and what works the best for you.

I'm either on my fat bike or this...

IMG_5311.JPG

How come neither of your bikes have a one piece crank on them?
:) Mid BB, they won't fit. :confused:

Seriously, this Summer I sold my first Ashtabula "one piece crank" from my '77 Mongoose, along with a few other stock parts that were upgraded BITD. That sale alone exceeded the cost to build the Haro posted above.

Might be time to sell my rocker SS.

What park on LI has boulders? I'd like to know for when I get stuck out there for work...

What park on LI has boulders? I'd like to know for when I get stuck out there for work...
Hempstead Harbor Woods (photo above). It's new and only has about 6 miles of trail but it's fun. Meadowlark is another small but fun LI park - with jumps! CLIMB does a great job with what they have to work with. Everything's on Trailforks too.

My main squeeze. I ride this over the full suspension most days just because.

Blacksheep Ti frame. Can run 27.5+ or 29 but I prefer the 27.5+. Fancy shoes laced up by @jimvreeland. Xo1 drivetrain xtr brakes fox dropper and fork. The chromag trailmaster saddle has seen better days.

Did a custom build with Blacksheep bikes out in Fort Collins CO about 5 years ago, geo seems to be keeping up with the times. I’ve ridden this thing all over the country from bike parks to long epics in the Rockies. Maybe a forever bike?

815F707B-068A-44EE-8A17-69711D3B2700.jpeg
238A6884-15C0-4C87-90F4-BA15BEA8BA27.jpeg

Nice! A couple of my teammates have/had Black Sheep frames. One of them unfortunately broke his, but it was more of an XC frame than what you have (he sold it after it was repaired). The other one is a full-squish frame (I rode with him on it recently).

Actually, I do like the new Knolly HT, new geo and super boost. It’s too pricey though even the steel version is over $1K for the frame as me only. I get it’s tubing is custom designed bla bla bla but dropouts are not adjustable and it basically looks like a Chromag…as much as I love the brand I’ll have to pass!

Actually, I do like the new Knolly HT, new geo and super boost. It’s too pricey though even the steel version is over $1K for the frame as me only. I get it’s tubing is custom designed bla bla bla but dropouts are not adjustable and it basically looks like a Chromag…as much as I love the brand I’ll have to pass!
Totally agree. Their pricing has gotten a bit crazy the last few years. It's a nice looking frame, but I'd get a Cotic BFe Max, or a Solaris Max frame before I'd get that Knolly.

Back
Top Bottom