Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

Bigish tree down on Rocky point at the top of the one rerouted climb after you cross the road, it’ll need chainsaw work.
On the plus side the alligator has been given a facelift.
7AD9722B-8789-4991-8AE2-452B64C26EA9.jpeg

I found a multi tool on the way back to the clay pit lot tonight and would like to return it to its rightful owner. HMU with a description if you or someone you know lost it.

Soooo, The park was hit pretty bad from the storm last nite. Going to take some time for the Rangers to get in there to clear all the downed trees. Be patient.
These are from Huber. I tried to go to Hartshorne but the entrance from Hartshorne Road was blocked do I gave up.
20210914_152917.jpg
20210914_153135.jpg
20210914_153047.jpg
20210914_153536.jpg
20210914_160050.jpg
20210914_161147_03.jpg
20210914_161348.jpg
20210914_161656.jpg
20210914_162412.jpg
20210914_162537.jpg

So localized. 4.2 miles away, in my neighborhood, only a handful of branches longer than 2ft.

About a month ago, we were riding in Huber and stopped to help another small group move a downed tree. Someone coming from the other direction got snotty at us for taking too long and not getting out of his way Right. Now. Must have been one of those NY transplants @Dave Taylor is always complaining about!

So localized. 4.2 miles away, in my neighborhood, only a handful of branches longer than 2ft.

About a month ago, we were riding in Huber and stopped to help another small group move a downed tree. Someone coming from the other direction got snotty at us for taking too long and not getting out of his way Right. Now. Must have been one of those NY transplants @Dave Taylor is always complaining about!
Fo sho!!

@pooriggy + friends have been busy. Huber is 99% clear, other than a few 3-6" trees lying on the ground (@Mitch 's 5th pic) on the far reaches of Many Log. Saw an old Blackburn pump just off trail there, and placed it on the log that is running parallel with the trail. Went through Hartshorne and saw that someone dragged out/cleaned up Grand Tour up/over Cuesta Ridge from the road.

Didn't ride Rocky Point/lower Grand Tour. Work on the Water Tower section of Grand Tour continues to hold up well, and the bottom is not getting any sandier as the season drags on. I'm looking forward to seeing (and participating!) how the rest of the park comes together.

Unrelated note: those that like sunflowers should also consider that the goldenrod is almost in full bloom at the shore (particularly Sandy Hook). Another few weeks and it will be the only pop of color out there.

@pooriggy + friends have been busy
We have been busy. It's been a group effort to clear the trees off the trails after Monday nights storm shear destroyed a lot of trees. Primarily park rangers and staff as well as some volunteers. The plan is to finish up on Monday.

We are always looking for help on the trails. If you would like to get involved reach out to me. The only limit we have right now in making better trails is a labor force.

These are a few of the guys who have put in time on the water tower climb. @don has been instrumental in designing and implementing improvements.

Come out and join the team.

Shout out to @knobbyhead for his work as well.

20210910_111520.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions