Car-spotting thread

Strugglebus

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good wax or ceramic coating of some kind? Trying to give the car a coat before the winter and don’t know where to start with all the options out there

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good wax or ceramic coating of some kind? Trying to give the car a coat before the winter and don’t know where to start with all the options out there
What are you looking for out of it?

The most important part of ceramic coating is a good paint correction. Outside of that I'm not sure it's done much for me, though I didn't get the same level as Carson. Other than the ceramic, the maintenance coatings that are ceramic specific are pricey and haven't worked as well for me as some cheaper products. I've tried a few of the known brands, like Adam's, Chemical Guys, NexGen, etc. and they're just $$$ for small quantities.

At this point, I usually use these products which are relatively cheap in large quantities and seem to work better:

I use Bead Maker most of the time after a hand wash with the drying process to prevent water spots, and then another quick mist once dry. This one is super slick and likes some time to bake on.

I started using Wash Wax waterless wash for the in between stuff. Usually if the car isn't covered in shit and just needs a quick wipe. Also applies a decent, slick coating.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Another lightning.

I took this picture of Ford car only because it's an example of an offset license plate that is OK. Unlike the pile of shit hanging off the front of @Magic 's car.
View attachment 141519View attachment 141520
I remember when Nathan had one of those Lightnings that ran 11s...omg did we have fun fucking with people at traffic lights with that....Truck with be loaded with both of our dirt bike and we would be racing people from stop lights on 206.

Thats a 38 ford deluxe....dont see those very often. Love the tear drop headlights on 37-38s

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Yeah so much to say here. But no reason to use wax anymore and all the ceramic sprays last a month or so. Getting a more permanent (a year or more) coating requires a little more prepwork and time. So not sure what you are after here.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What's up with that muffler? It looks bigger than a gas tank.

Freaking horrible. Some people say its for aero, others to make the S55 sound half decent. The new G series S58 cars will apparently have it as well. It's affectionately called the "cow udder".

Top Bottom