New Jersey MTB Festival a,k,a JORBA jam 2020

Did the Chimney Rock one this morning. If you're a Local you'll have to go out of way to hit the part of White that triggers the Badge. We normally just go right from the big bridge and then left onto the singletrack behind the fence. The Segment goes from the gate on Chimney Rock Road all the way out behind the houses onto the road across from the fields.

I don’t see how you sign up for a a badge without paying?
Again @Bleeder can confirm, but riding the selected trail(s) while recording your ride with TF should scoop it up.

I only got one lap at BRP before getting poured on. But it triggered the badge 🤣. I'll get it for real next week sometime, just need to figure out how to get rid of it this time.
Screenshot_20200929-160448.png

That's the tricky part with these things. Many of our trails are old legacy point to point trails. We need to breakup the longer trails into segments that make more sense for MTB. Even now the TC is creating stacked loops that combine trail segments with varying difficulties and calling it a trail. Sure it might help hikers from getting lost but it's completely useless for MTB. A perfect example is Ringwood Ramapo, the whole thing is miles long, but pretty much nobody rides it in its entirety. We ride Warm Puppy Rock section, but screw riding Mt Defiance section. and compare the difficulties of those sections to the same trail on the woods road next the Shepheard's Lake.

Anyway, you can always edit your ridelog add the missing trail and rescan for badges.

Oh and we may not have set the badges up perfectly, Even though BRP says 8, TF may interpret that as 8 total trails, not 8x for each trail.

Do you think kresson is that bad? Nevermind, I guess the fact that I live 20 minutes away and go there maybe once every two years should answer that.

So far, it's the worst trail system I've ever ridden 🤣🤣

I have 2 more in South Jersey so we'll see if it stays that way. On a positive note, I like BRP better than Allaire so I might actually put that into rotation. Was really surprised how much fun riding around Pine Trees could be.

So far, it's the worst trail system I've ever ridden 🤣🤣

I have 2 more in South Jersey so we'll see if it stays that way. On a positive note, I like BRP better than Allaire so I might actually put that into rotation. Was really surprised how much fun riding around Pine Trees could be.
Which 2? I can't think of anything worse down here.

Which 2? I can't think of anything worse down here.

Some Seaview thing and a Nut Hatch? IDK. I'll probably do both Saturday Morning and then hit Allaire coming home. Then everything else is sweet North Jersey rocks and climbs.

Some Seaview thing and a Nut Hatch? IDK. I'll probably do both Saturday Morning and then hit Allaire coming home. Then everything else is sweet North Jersey rocks and climbs.
Haven't been to either, let us know if it's worth the trip.

A few more things have been added,
Dirt Rock n Root training and the Trail Boss are helping out (as they always do)
with their own challenges to earn rides/clinics with them.
Go to JORBA.org or Trail Forks to enter.
the weekend is going to be nice get out and hit some of these trails!

Back
Top Bottom