PIGS IN SPACE!

GTCHAMPION1

As of today I am down to 180.7lbs, I was having a great ride at Six Mile, anyway 4 - 5lbs more to go so I can have an ice cold beer again 🙃 it hurts to be on the beer diet 🙄
IMG_20200907_121206145_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
As of today I am down to 180.7lbs, I was having a great ride at Six Mile until I encountered a group of 7 really rude and nasty riders hugging the trail, stopping(I mean multiple stops so they can chat) in the middle of the trail and not letting me pass, it went on for about 200ft until I passed them, then it look like they were trying to keep up with me but they couldn't (and I'm still out of shape) this happened around 11:45am today, I got the whole thing on GoPro which is kinda funny, anyway 4 - 5lbs more to go so I can have an ice cold beer again 🙃
View attachment 138872
Video pls

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I have a about 9 videos of 2 to 8 minutes each... 🤔 Let me see how I post them here, I'm not fast though and I suck on climbs lol
...wait a sec! "Jerk Squad" hope you were not in that group of rude guys today 🤣

you'll need to post them to youtube or some other platform, then link them in here.

GTCHAMPION1

Video pls
One of many videos is up as requested, I didn't know where else to post this video so please take my apologies @Patrick ..
Please note that I'm out of shape so lots of huffing and puffing can be heard lol.. I decided to take the videos for my self and take a note on all my mistakes so the video is nothing excited 😐

Last edited:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
One of many videos is up as requested, I didn't know where else to post this video so please take my apologies @Patrick ..
Please note that I'm out of shape so lots of huffing and puffing can be heard lol.. I decided to take the videos for my self and take a note on all my mistakes so the video is nothing excited 😐

From the video, I didn’t see them do anything wrong, unless you had to slow down when they restarted but it appeared they were out of sight pretty quickly.
However I did notice you taking a trail short cut 😬
9C7E0714-A085-48F4-B478-07B86A259ED3.jpeg

Last edited:

GTCHAMPION1

From the video, I didn’t see them do anything wrong, unless you had to slow down why they restarted but it appeared they were out of sight pretty quickly.
However I did notice you taking a trail short cut 😬
View attachment 138908
I edited them out, the original video is 12 min long, I didn't want their faces to show since I posted the video public... They were stopping frequently blocking the trail so they could make all those little baby jumps. that shortcut was a mistake 🤫

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Just a quick note about your riding style -

looks like you are really mashing the pedals down, causing the left-right waggle of the bars/bike.
Try riding slower for a bit, with a smoother circular motion of your feet.
No need to "pull" up (can't remember if you are clipped in), just release the weight on the rising leg.
Try to push over the top, and scrape the bottom (like there is crap on your shoe)

again - work on this at a slow speed, look farther out into the distance, not over the front tire,
and see if the bars become more steady/wheel tracks straighter. this will help with efficiency.

and you cut the trail at 7:59 - 1 6MR demerit! ;)

PS - you own the thread, so you should be able to change the title.

GTCHAMPION1

Just a quick note about your riding style -

looks like you are really mashing the pedals down, causing the left-right waggle of the bars/bike.
Try riding slower for a bit, with a smoother circular motion of your feet.
No need to "pull" up (can't remember if you are clipped in), just release the weight on the rising leg.
Try to push over the top, and scrape the bottom (like there is crap on your shoe)

again - work on this at a slow speed, look farther out into the distance, not over the front tire,
and see if the bars become more steady/wheel tracks straighter. this will help with efficiency.

and you cut the trail at 7:59 - 1 6MR demerit! ;)

PS - you own the thread, so you should be able to change the title.
First of all thank you very much. And I must say that you @Patrick are definitely a great positive influence. About the pedal strokes I really didn't know what I kept on doing wrong, at first I thought I didn't have balance because I was excessively overweight, I lost some weight but it I kept riding the same way, I even lowered my post and the problem didn't change and thanks for the tip, looks like I need to ride with experienced riders more so I can better my self since I have not ride with anyone else because I feel bad to slow people down and make them wait for me all the time. But I am trying and I really want to enjoy riding just like I used to back in the day.

GTCHAMPION1

Late and short introduction about my self:
Hello all, my name is Rick.
I always had a passion for bikes, I used to be very athletic and always at a competitive level when I was a kid. My parents had me racing on pump tracks back in the 80s when I used to live in Cali, but when I moved to Jersey all of that died since the very few pump tracks were far away from where I lived. GTCHAMPION is because of the passion I always had for GT BMX bikes. The past few years I became less and less athletic, when COVID-19 started I got to weight 203lbs. I am now around 180lbs from which I finally started to feel better. I recently got my self the new 5010V4 from which my second ride with the bike was with @Patrick at the beautiful blue trail of CR on that day my weight was 196lbs. I felt bad making Patrick wait for me every 5 min. But it was a fun day and I didn't quit. My goal is to get back in shape, make friends who actually love bikes since I never met people who where into bicycles.

Last edited:

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Late and short introduction about my self:
Hello all, my name is Rick.
I always had a passion for bikes, I used to be very athletic and always at a competitive level when I was a kid. My parents had me racing on pump tracks back in the 80s when I used to live in Cali, but when I moved to Jersey all of that died since the very few pump tracks were far away from where I lived. GTCHAMPION is because of the passion I always had for GT BMX bikes. The past few years I became less and less athletic, when COVID-19 started I got to weight 203lbs. I am now around 180lbs from which I finally started to feel better. I recently got my self the new 5010V4 from which my second ride with the bike was with @Patrick at the beautiful blue trail of CR on that day my weight was 196lbs. I felt bad making Patrick wait for me every 5 min. But it was a fun day and I didn't quit. My goal is to get back in shape, make friends who actually love bikes since I never met people who where into bicycles.

dont feel too bad for @Patrick, he does it to the rest of us all time 🤣hes got pay that patience forward somehow

Top Bottom